Sonic Electronix

Pioneer Head Unit- Powers up but no sound?

i dont think it has one....ive hooked up decks before in this and they worked fine i dont know why this one is acting up...

theres a main plug and then theres a smaller plug that we didnt connect.. but he said the harness adapter only came with that one plug, im thinking that other plug might need to be connected but theres nuthing to plug into it.

everyone said its the same thing. factory amp. you dont need the second plug into anything. just like our hu's have a remote turn on, the factory amp needs one too. but they wont work with high voltage so you cant use it anyway. you have to find the amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im hoping its the amp and im missing something. its pissing me off lol we'll imma go back out there before it gets too dark and try to figure it out...thanks for the help so far!

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2003/chevrolet/impala/100156754/standard.html

Doesn't say if it has an amp or not, but the base model doesn't have a cd player included...maybe no amp either?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

you could always run your own wire to the speakers, but if they are bose they are gonna be like 16ohms or something crazy like that. I just call my lil bro, the impala he installed a deck in was a 2001 had an amp . He also said you need a $100 wire harness. I wouldn't be surprised if you have an amp in your 03.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

A friend and I were wiring up a friends jeep grand Cherokee that had the infinity component set up. Which was doing the same thing with a pioneer deck. it was because of the data controlled amp. and we had to bypass the amp for it to work. I want to say that, that impala most likely has the amp. they are mounted under the back deck. easy viewable from the trunk

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

XBL: NW Livin Loud

yeah sure DOES HAVE AN AMP well he said it didnt but went to check and there it is. it was after i put all the stock shit back together and told him to bring it back tomorow or something.

i could figure it out, hopefully second try will be the charm lol

• 2 weeks later...

just hook up the rem from the deck to the wire harness. then it causes the factory amp to turn on. i had this problem in an explorer

bingo

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

just hook up the rem from the deck to the wire harness. then it causes the factory amp to turn on. i had this problem in an explorer

yeah THAT was it! he ended up having the shop show him exactly what was wrong, and it was just that one wire FML

Had a brainfart and did the same thing in my truck too haha, forgot the remote to the factory amp.

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

Archived