I was looking at getting a viper alarm system for my car, and when i was going around their site looking at exactly what i wanted it lets me pick my car and such but this "interface module" stops at the 98's. And doesn't go to my 97 accord. So how much are these things? I have no idea honestly. I have never had to deal with alarm systems so far, till no obviously.

Also, is it too hard to install a alarm system yourself? Or should i let someone that knows what they are doing do it for me?

And lastly, are there any other good brands of alarm systems out there that are either better then Viper, or cheaper but still a very good alarm system?

This is my next buy for my car, so if i could get some answers soon that would be awesome!

I was looking at getting a viper alarm system for my car, and when i was going around their site looking at exactly what i wanted it lets me pick my car and such but this "interface module" stops at the 98's. And doesn't go to my 97 accord. So how much are these things? I have no idea honestly. I have never had to deal with alarm systems so far, till no obviously.

Also, is it too hard to install a alarm system yourself? Or should i let someone that knows what they are doing do it for me?

And lastly, are there any other good brands of alarm systems out there that are either better then Viper, or cheaper but still a very good alarm system?

This is my next buy for my car, so if i could get some answers soon that would be awesome!

old post, but if youve never done one, I would recommend getting it done by someone who you trust and has done alarms before. A 97 Accord shouldnt need a bypass module, there was no immobilisers on the 97 models. You can find cheaper alarms, but a Viper or a Clifford(both DEI alarms) done by a Viper or Clifford dealer will have a lifetime warranty if you register after purchase. Good luck, man.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

old post, but if youve never done one, I would recommend getting it done by someone who you trust and has done alarms before. A 97 Accord shouldnt need a bypass module, there was no immobilisers on the 97 models. You can find cheaper alarms, but a Viper or a Clifford(both DEI alarms) done by a Viper or Clifford dealer will have a lifetime warranty if you register after purchase. Good luck, man.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah i know that you said to have someone do it for me but i wanted to do it. It came in the mail last week but i was on vacation. So i just got back yesterday and looked at the alarm system. It's a Viper 5701 and all i really need is a wiring diagram telling me what wires are what. That includes the wires running from the alarm and to the car. But i guess that is kinda a duh lol.

5701 is no walk in the park.

http://www.alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/HONDA%20ACCORD%201985-2005.pdf

If you don't decide to do it, get it done. You could support your local best buy, or any local installers. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Thank you so much man. I have been looking forever for a bunch of different install manuals and i found bits and pieces. Seriously thank you so much. Most of the problem is coming from the remote start. But again thank you. I seriously owe you!