amps not turning on

Guest DC Power Kyle

Get a DMM connect the positive lead to the remote turn on and ground the other lead.... turn on the stereo and see if you see 12v

Get a DMM connect the positive lead to the remote turn on and ground the other lead.... turn on the stereo and see if you see 12v

should i connect the positive directly to the wire coming off the headunit or all the way in the trunk where the amps at?

and also, where can i get a cheap dmm? i dont have one... :shrug:

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

another thing you can do is run a jump from your power connection to your remote and if the remote is faulty then the amp will turn on. but you can't leave it like this if it turns on because the amp wont shut off so its just a test. and you can get a dmm at walmart for like 15 bucks

Edited by hamel52

should i connect the positive directly to the wire coming off the headunit or all the way in the trunk where the amps at?

and also, where can i get a cheap dmm? i dont have one... :shrug:

check it at the amp. if you dont get 12v then check it at the hu. if you do get 12v at the hu then you have a brake in the line somewhere. if not, time for a new deck. :shrug:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I did get my kenwood hu on sale. It was the very last one best buy had. But my aunts givin me a $400 pioneer hu soon. So if its the kenwood, then ive got the solution comin soon. Lol

All stock.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. I finally got a dmm and checked all my wiring. Ive got 12v coming from the headunit but when i test it at the amp its only reading 3.2v. Same thing for my power. It reads 12v at the fuse and battery terminal but when i test it in the back it reads around 3 and 4 volts. Wtf?? HELP!!

All stock.

I did get my kenwood hu on sale. It was the very last one best buy had. But my aunts givin me a $400 pioneer hu soon. So if its the kenwood, then ive got the solution comin soon. Lol

I can haz the old one?

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars