Sonic Electronix

new here, and need some HELP on my 08 tahoe wall.

im with ya boon im leanign towards two seperate boxes if you look through the top left woofer hole you can see the bottom of the box there. Then look through the bottom left and you can see the chamber for the left bottom woofer. It may be three or four seperate boxes.

Dear god I wonder if those are prefabs thrown into a wall and somehow joined together.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You walled a Tahoe? Well I'm glad you came here to fix it. I'd say do subs up, port back like Meade and every other Tahoe owner. Also, I'm with Boon and n8ball thinking it's 3 separate boxes. It looks like the 2 bottom woofers are sealed and the top 2 are ported. Post up a few more pics if you have them so we can get an idea of what this monstrosity is.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

i would imagine one big contraption, the audio shop is not dumb, the box was tuned to 40hz so thats why it hits higher, i played with the amp settings today and got it to hit lower, they didn't mess with anything on the amp or head unit becasue as soon as it was done i wanted to pick it up to go downtown

Did they ask you what you listen to?

im with ya boon im leanign towards two seperate boxes if you look through the top left woofer hole you can see the bottom of the box there. Then look through the bottom left and you can see the chamber for the left bottom woofer. It may be three or four seperate boxes.

To me it looks like the bottom of the top left box is curved and doesn't touch the back wall (similar to the brace you can see). I guess he will find out soon enough either way.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

what i think you are seeing on teh top left is the port wall. I saw the brace too this is a strange creature for sure.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

ok, well im getting the emblems removed right now and full wet sand and buff at the body shop that does all the work on my vettes.

ill pull the subs out myself and look at the box is on the inside, i can already tell im going to be dissapointed, but like i said before, im leaning more towards just doing a box having them fire up and port back.

this has become more a headache that i can believe. thanks for all the help guys

ill keep you updated.

J

(off topic)Aww your the dude with the black tahoe with 28s i love your ride man..do you have any pics of it besides the ones your posted last time??

Well anyways it did look like as if only the top part is ported and who knows how he wired them up inside also...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

so what was the deal with the box.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

the hell with messing with this wall.

im havint them pull it back out and just put my original box back in.

now yes, iw ould be more than happy to add another 5k amp, they are sick and run great. however my subs are dual 2ohm voice coil, so enlighten me on how i would make that combo work

i thought to get to a 1ohm load id need 4 dual 4ohm speakers not 4 dual 2ohm.

so the next best amp would be the 7k, atleats a couple thousand more watts, what could hurt, and i have heard that it really can put out around 10k if supplied correctly

what would be an ideal box for 4 subs fired up with port facing back

all this speaker stuff is really new to me, im into racing cars and motors, so big speakers/amps are all new really. how do you TUNE to 34hz, is that a way with the adjustments on the amp and headunit im assuming? or is it because of how the box is built.

thanks for the help!

tuning has to do with the way the box is built, its a combo of inner area of the box, and area/ length of the port i would suggest checking out the torres calc here on the forum and mess with it maybe get an idea of how boxes need to be built and and how to tune them correctly, generally 4 15's is going to need around 20 cubic feet for the subs and port area would have to be at least 250 square inches.