so honestly...

str8outtaneb

how hard is it to tint windows and where do you buy good quality tint

i was thinking about tinting my dads windows for fathers day but i dont want to fuck it up then have to get it removed and retinted and pay an assload of money

thanks for any input

fuck the consequences ain't nothin to a boss

id say just call up tint shops and see how much they charge

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

id say just call up tint shops and see how much they charge

To me, it wasn't that easy I tried it once with a friend a few years ago in our cars and its hard to make the cuts perfect and get your solution good to fit without bubbles. Im sure a ton of people can tint themselves, not me. I took my truck to a really nice place here in mass and they tint commercial and residential buildings too, they have an auto cutter machine, they did an amazing job and I got my ext cab tinted 10% in the back and back side windows over my factory tinted glass, and the state limit driver and passenger window for $200, they did my friends altima for 230$ just because cars are a bit harder especially with the rear window. I felt like that was a pretty good deal

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

yeah they wanted somewhere between 250 and 300 for an impala but i guess if that sounds about right based on the prices you say... it didnt look to hard on the videos ive watched but i figured id ask smd

fuck the consequences ain't nothin to a boss

yeah they wanted somewhere between 250 and 300 for an impala but i guess if that sounds about right based on the prices you say... it didnt look to hard on the videos ive watched but i figured id ask smd

I wouldn't pay over 250 , thats pretty steep. 250 would kind of be pushin it for me too, Sometimes find another 1-2 people that want some tint done and ask for a discount for bringing in 2-3 people.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

its not hard but takes patience, iv done a few cars and i still cant get it perfect. but cant expect perfect from DIY tint :nea:

i can only do side windows and flat rear glass. i can also windshield strips those are the easiest to do....

for doors take your door panels off so you have room to hide your tint an in or two below the door panel.

get really good razor blades and a good rubber squeegie. then i use filtered water with soap...works for me. and usually the darker the tint the ticker the tint and easier to work with, the lighter the harder either way if you patient it will come out good. GL hope this helps.

PS personally i wouldnt pay over $200 to get my windows tinted 8)

I wouldn't pay over 250 , thats pretty steep. 250 would kind of be pushin it for me too, Sometimes find another 1-2 people that want some tint done and ask for a discount for bringing in 2-3 people.

Here its around 120 for he back half and 200 for everything, I refuse to pay that to some half ass shop that doesn't even know what 0% tint is, they go by 1-5 1 being "limo" tint.

As for quality tint everyone says wal-mart if you're buying locally. :unsure:

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

• 1 month later...

WOW those prices are nuts! the place i work its $100 and 140 for strip and retint. they are knocking peoples heads off the best tint they have out only cost 180 per roll and that will tint 10 cars. plus we offer a lifetime warranty, so if it discolors, bubbles, gets scratched, and anything else really 20 years from now we replace it for free.

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

I get a local guy to tint mine it warrantied for life, he tints all the local cars...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

WOW those prices are nuts! the place i work its $100 and 140 for strip and retint. they are knocking peoples heads off the best tint they have out only cost 180 per roll and that will tint 10 cars. plus we offer a lifetime warranty, so if it discolors, bubbles, gets scratched, and anything else really 20 years from now we replace it for free.

Shit man i might be bringing the jeep up there real soon... How much for 20 in the back 35 up front with a 35 windsheild strip?