Second Skin Audio

4 10's in a camry wagon, idea's on box type

I am new to the forum and saw the subcategory for boxes and thought I may have better luck getting a response here. I don't mind doing some resarch on my own, but I need help in deciding on the right box for my car. My current sealed box is low passed around 120 with some 40 hz boost. Here's a paste from the general audio forum question I wrote. Thanks for any advice.

I'm new to box tuning and highly modified electric systems, and I have alot of learning to do before I possibly get a multi-kw system, but I think I'll try the big 3 and a tuned box on my current system (not largest ever owned). Here's the deal: I don't know what would be the optimal setup for my subs and car. Here's all the specs I know that may help.

CAR: '90 Camry wagon rear area measures 34" inside fenders, 26" or 28" hatch to back of rear seat. I'd like to have an "unobstructed view" to maybe be able to compete in a small class so we'll call the height 15".

Subs: 4- 10" RFosgate p1's -actually, two are the pevious model, but I hope that won't make much difference. A single sub requires 1.75 cubic ft net volume and 2.1 gross. The port is 2x10.5x19.5 and the fosgate diagram shows it being curved (90*) in their box. I hope changing their ideal dimensions won't effect the box.

Can I change the fosgate ideal dimensions without severely changing anything? I know I need 2.1 gross and 1.75 net cu ft.

Which way should I make the subs and port fire?

Can anyone explain if I can make a single port that is four times the single sub specs? Perhaps it needs to be somewhat smaller.

So just take those single sub specs and multiply by four, right?

I have some 1" wood and I'll also brace the box if I need to. Sound cool?

I just need a little direction to get me started. I want to optimize this little system so I can really get a legit design for this fall. I've had somewhat bigger setups in the past but I've always used sealed boxes. Thanks for any ideas and help for the new guy who is getting the fever again. Let me know if I'm leaving out any major details.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

I am new to the forum and saw the subcategory for boxes and thought I may have better luck getting a response here. I don't mind doing some resarch on my own, but I need help in deciding on the right box for my car. My current sealed box is low passed around 120 with some 40 hz boost. Here's a paste from the general audio forum question I wrote. Thanks for any advice.

I'm new to box tuning and highly modified electric systems, and I have alot of learning to do before I possibly get a multi-kw system, but I think I'll try the big 3 and a tuned box on my current system (not largest ever owned). Here's the deal: I don't know what would be the optimal setup for my subs and car. Here's all the specs I know that may help.

CAR: '90 Camry wagon rear area measures 34" inside fenders, 26" or 28" hatch to back of rear seat. I'd like to have an "unobstructed view" to maybe be able to compete in a small class so we'll call the height 15".

Subs: 4- 10" RFosgate p1's -actually, two are the pevious model, but I hope that won't make much difference. A single sub requires 1.75 cubic ft net volume and 2.1 gross. The port is 2x10.5x19.5 and the fosgate diagram shows it being curved (90*) in their box. I hope changing their ideal dimensions won't effect the box.

question why not just do 2 15s? it would have more area? i know a im a newb as well but i think 2 15s would be nicer and our cars are simular cuz i have a 91 honda accord

Can I change the fosgate ideal dimensions without severely changing anything? I know I need 2.1 gross and 1.75 net cu ft.

Which way should I make the subs and port fire?

Can anyone explain if I can make a single port that is four times the single sub specs? Perhaps it needs to be somewhat smaller.

So just take those single sub specs and multiply by four, right?

I have some 1" wood and I'll also brace the box if I need to. Sound cool?

I just need a little direction to get me started. I want to optimize this little system so I can really get a legit design for this fall. I've had somewhat bigger setups in the past but I've always used sealed boxes. Thanks for any ideas and help for the new guy who is getting the fever again. Let me know if I'm leaving out any major details.

why dont you do 2 15s because it wouls have more area and i think it would fit caz 2 15s will fit in my car and i have a 91 accord our cars are simular

and mr. p is right subs have 2 be 100% same or it will cancel each other out and wont sound nearly as good

Edited by onelivinlarge

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

The subs are all four P1's, but two are older models. I don't think the specs are different.

As far as tweaking the box design that is pictured, do you basicly mean to keep the cubic inches of the box and port the same but change the outer dimensions of the box to what will fit my car? pm sent

I don't want 15's because I bought these little 10's for cheap 6 months ago. If I spend any coin on swapping subs and stuff, I'll dump all my little stuff and go legit next time. Today I just want to be able to blueprint a perfect box. I'm free tomorrow and want to build it then, if possible!

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

I used these 2 sites to design a nice box for my fosgate hx2 tens. Site one to figure out min port area site one and this site to design a tuned box with min port area site two.

I have 3 tens that slam, RF said to use a 3" port for one, I have over 50" of port area for 3.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

The subs are all four P1's, but two are older models. I don't think the specs are different.

As far as tweaking the box design that is pictured, do you basicly mean to keep the cubic inches of the box and port the same but change the outer dimensions of the box to what will fit my car? pm sent

I don't want 15's because I bought these little 10's for cheap 6 months ago. If I spend any coin on swapping subs and stuff, I'll dump all my little stuff and go legit next time. Today I just want to be able to blueprint a perfect box. I'm free tomorrow and want to build it then, if possible!

different woofers have different specs.

what model P1's are they i can design you a great box in about 10 minutes.

edit: may i remind you that it probably will sound muddy since they are different woofers. no box can fix it.

Edited by Kranny

different woofers have different specs.

what model P1's are they i can design you a great box in about 10 minutes.

edit: may i remind you that it probably will sound muddy since they are different woofers. no box can fix it.

i know i tryed my hand at it and if he can only do 16 in high there is no way to fit for in it. im thinking wall

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all