Sonic Electronix

It doesnt make sense that it caught on fire for 5 more amps. Did something short out? Right impedance and everything?

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

15 amp fuse.. POS amp.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

POS or not the shop put the wrong fuse in, which caused it to over heat, melt and possibly damage the amp...if they did not have 15s should have used 10s, if no 10s then dont use any..that my .02 cents...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

POS or not the shop put the wrong fuse in, which caused it to over heat, melt and possibly damage the amp...

not true.

I can put a 100amp fuse on an amp that supposed to have a 10 amp fuse, as long as the amp is in good working order it will never fry.

PERIOD

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

not true.

I can put a 100amp fuse on an amp that supposed to have a 10 amp fuse, as long as the amp is in good working order it will never fry.

PERIOD

^^^ THIS

SOme people wire their cars with no fuses whatsoever and have no problems. IIRC JP had no fuses in his 'Hoe at one point. It's the amp that seems to be having issues in this case.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt