Sonic Electronix

what direction are the subs facing in your car? I had a single 12 on less than 500w in a sealed "truck" box facing up towards the rear glass hatch (about the same angle) on top of the rear diff. It hammered really hard.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its in the t top hatch in a pre fab aiming at the glass. I'm thinking of just making a regular square box that would be larger to set in there but if I'm already pushing the subs to bottoming out then a bigger box I don't think would be the answer would it?

i agree, even if your boss amp is pushing 10k watts its the ugliest power you can imagine. Id change amps and be done. If that doesnt help, build a box also..... :good:

make a box first then upgrade the amp if it doesnt make a difference.

if you are trying to save money if not.. fuck it.

by better amps and a better box, get damplifier.

I'll try making a box in the t top well as big as I can and if I cant do over 3.5 cubes I'll just do a sealed 3 cube box. I just don't see how everyone says 2 12s in my car should slam even if they were crap and it doesn't seem like much. Thats why I was mad about friends system sounding better than mine for confirming that mine isn't what I was hoping for at all

I think he can get away with 3 cubes total. Not to mention the cone control he would have. Thing should sound amazing and still get loud.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer