Sonic Electronix

I am hooking up a jbl gto 100.4 and an alpine m500. my main power run is 1/0 gauge. the only fuse i have lying around is a 100amp and due to the fact that it is 4th of july weekend all shops in my area are closed. total current draw is probably right around 100 amps. do you think the 100 amp fuse will at least last through the weekend till i can get one just a little bigger? if this fuse blows i will be with out music until at least tuesday.

so theres 2 runs of 0 gauge? one for the jbl and one for the alpine? but yes. 100 would be OKAY if you dont turn it up past like 1/2 volume lol even then it might not last all weekend. i used a 60amp fuse on a memphis 2000. it was all i had and it lasted for about 2 1/2 songs on full volume lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i say do it. its not like the jbl draws much current as its for mids and highs lol the amp would though

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

You'll be fine the mids and highs amp wont be drawing near its fuse rating, unless you have dropped the ohm load fairly low... Or you Voltage dips bad.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

hmmm this is a tough decision my voltage shouldn't drop to bad as i have a new kinetic 1400 battery going in at the same time and big 3 planned. i think i might just keep it safe and not hook up my bass amp until i get a fuse that i know wont blow easily. or maybe by the end of the night or tomorrow i get bored and go for it anyway lol

I say go for it. Maybe don't go wide open, but playing pretty close to max should be cool. The treble amp isn't going to yank anywhere near the internally fused 75 amps. Be a little conservative and jam all weekend is my opinion!

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

I'd say get a 150, if your going to be slapping but if your listening to it at listening level you should be good. :good:

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes