speaker size vs performance?

would the size of a door speaker make a difference in the performance of it? i have 6x9's up front but need to upgrade the rear again. i can put any size and amount of speakers in the rear since im mounting the speakers on a piece of mdf that ive made to pretty things up. any sugestions on size?

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

I would put 6x9s in the back too. I notice my 6x9s seem to get a tad louder than my 5 1/4 in the front.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

got measurements of that panel?

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I'm planning on downsizing in the back because having bigger speakers in the back off the same power is pulling my imaging waaaaaayy back. Although the extra midbass is kinda nice.

Too many projects, too little time...

ok... so anything in the rear deck will be subject to the pressure from the subs in the trunk. this will blow those deck speakers over and over. you will notice the biggest difference by looking at the front stage. if you would like to talk about that i can help you out.

as for speaker size, of corse they make a difference. you wont get an 8" driver to play above 500hz very well but a 4" driver is great to play vocals. all depends on your goals.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok thanks all of you. i can get a set of 4 re 3 way 6x9's for 125. so im thinking of doing that. yeah i have to end abit more upfront right now since there are not any tweeters up front. ill be adding some in till i can get the new speakers.

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

9/10 the bigger the surface area, the more air and noise a speaker will put out. if you have a small speaker, usually pics up the small frequencies. but bigger the speaker the more power output the speaker usually has. that's from what i know in basic knowledge in physics. :shrug:

oh ok.

9/10 the bigger the surface area, the more air and noise a speaker will put out. if you have a small speaker, usually pics up the small frequencies. but bigger the speaker the more power output the speaker usually has. that's from what i know in basic knowledge in physics. :shrug:

so you think my tweeter should play 35hz better than my sub? or did you just word that wrong?

also, i dont think speakers put out power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ok... so anything in the rear deck will be subject to the pressure from the subs in the trunk. this will blow those deck speakers over and over. you will notice the biggest difference by looking at the front stage. if you would like to talk about that i can help you out.

as for speaker size, of corse they make a difference. you wont get an 8" driver to play above 500hz very well but a 4" driver is great to play vocals. all depends on your goals.

Ive seen this posted many times and i finally have to reply... I had my type r 6.5s in my rear deck for over a year, with subs/sub in the trunk the whole time, the type r 6.5s are still running good in the rear doors of my new car. Ive never had a problem.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator