speaker size vs performance?

lol i think he ment higher freq... personally. i say drop the 6x9s and go for some good 6.5 seperates/component set if your looking for quality. i went from a pioneer 6x9 in the back to RF t162s. SooooooooOOoOOoooo much better...

so to the op... if your powering the mids of the HU... 6x9s will be fine... however if you want it to sound better... get component set... its worth it...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

6x9's by design suck you are better off getting 6.5's

now on the rear speakers you can destroy them if you get loud enough I have ripped the cones apart with my trunk cars so I just pull them out now

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Ive seen this posted many times and i finally have to reply... I had my type r 6.5s in my rear deck for over a year, with subs/sub in the trunk the whole time, the type r 6.5s are still running good in the rear doors of my new car. Ive never had a problem.

your just not loud enough to cause a problem. i have seen it happen a few times.

6x9's by design suck you are better off getting 6.5's

now on the rear speakers you can destroy them if you get loud enough I have ripped the cones apart with my trunk cars so I just pull them out now

i used to think that but the head judge of MECA here has 6x9"s in the front and they sound amazing. he swears by them and he knows a lot more about SQ than most people on here.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah id like to do 2 sets of components in the rear. they will be run off of a pioneer 2 channel amp when my sub amp comes. im gonna get the model number to get specs tomorrow.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i used to think that but the head judge of MECA here has 6x9"s in the front and they sound amazing. he swears by them and he knows a lot more about SQ than most people on here.

Yes, but he probably uses the Image Dynamics 6 by 9's. :P

I would do bigger in the front, i just don't like speakers in the back. :P

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.