Ok so my brother in law gave me his old 5000 after my system got jacked the first time and I am about to be moving into a really crappy neighborhood..I have my vehicles wiring diagram and all that good stuff from 12volt.com, I'm really good with multimeters and such so the actually installation will be a breeze. I just want to know if this alarm is even worth installing...there are several things that aren't connected I don't know where they go or anything...has lots or loose wires and shit from when it was installed(more like ghetto rigged) by the installers can anyone give me like a diagram that shows what is connected to what wire and shit...or a list of everything I am supposed to have granted that I have everything..

the only thing that still has a connector attached to it is the antenna

I can take pics if needed..

Edited by drumminian

Alpine CDA-9887

15" FI BL

JBL BP1200.1

Rockford Fosgate p142 4" front

Rockford Fosgate p1S652 6.5" rear

Optima D35 yellow top under hood

Big 3

all in a 1997 Toyota Tercel

i got some ideas how you can protect your system :)

1.turn down music at least a mile from where you live

2.install loud alarm system (really loud)

3.make a secret trunk lock from inside of the trunk , when they will try to open trunk from outside it will not open they will get confused and it will take time to find out about second lock from inside , they will not sit by your car 15 minutes trying to open trunk :) and specially if alarm is on loud :)

• 2 weeks later...

i got some ideas how you can protect your system :)

1.turn down music at least a mile from where you live

2.install loud alarm system (really loud)

3.make a secret trunk lock from inside of the trunk , when they will try to open trunk from outside it will not open they will get confused and it will take time to find out about second lock from inside , they will not sit by your car 15 minutes trying to open trunk :) and specially if alarm is on loud :)

Wrong topic bro. :nea:

To the OP, Are you asking for a pin-out of what the alarm's wires are? Or a wiring chart for the vehicle?

Directed's models, most wires stayed the same throughout models.

Red/white - Trunk (-)

Red - 12v

Brown - siren

Black - ground

Green - door (-)

White - parking light (-/+)

Green - unlock (-)

Blue - Lock (-)

As for the remote start inputs and outputs for that model I can't say for certain. Best thing you can do is go to a shop where they install directed and ask if they could print out a install chart for that alarm

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 1 month later...

I don't remember the 5000 having remote start. if it's the alarm i remember, they were the first that had sensor recognition from viper. if you had a tilt sensor, the alarm could be programmed so the remote would show you that the tilt set it off.

PM me and i can see if i still have the info you need. send me a pick of the brain when you do, i'll help get the info

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine