My first attempt at tint, epic fail enclosed

white4d96

I finally did it; i bought some Gila 20% to practice tinting with. Needless to say, I failed pretty hard. I had a few lint spots that randomly appeared after thrice cleaning the window, and a couple rough cuts.

100_1424-1.jpg

100_1447.jpg

100_1421.jpg

100_1422.jpg

Story here is, as the window rolled back up, I must have tagged the tint and it slid down. I didn't notice it until the next day :shrug:

100_1420.jpg

So what do you guys think for a first time tinter?

Too many projects, too little time...

Thanks, in the first pic there's a lot of crap on the outside, so much damn pollen in the air. I guess time will tell just how good it ended up. Question is, will it peel before it fades? (if I leave it on that long that is)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A lot better than I'd do a first time.

I can definitely imagine lint and pollen being a pain in the ass.

Practise makes perfect I suppose.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

In hindsight, it was not as bad as I expected it to be for my first time. Hell, it hasn't peeled off yet, I'm freaking amazed!

I'm toying with the idea of pulling the windows and retinting them, since my biggest issues were with getting the tint under the weatherstrip and still aligned at the top (can't you tell? =P)

In hindsight, it was not as bad as I expected it to be for my first time. Hell, it hasn't peeled off yet, I'm freaking amazed!

I'm toying with the idea of pulling the windows and retinting them, since my biggest issues were with getting the tint under the weatherstrip and still aligned at the top (can't you tell? =P)

its actually not as hard as u mite think to pull a window. ive actually done it in my honda quite a few time. for me its 2 bolts. and boom window out and easy tinting

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

not bad at all, with the window up. but when you drop the window youll see the 1/2inch of the tip of the glass untinted lol

heres some tips that took me a few cars to learn

take door panels off- when you cut you tint the up/down size make sure you leave it like 2inches longer than it suppose to be so you can tuck it behind the door panel, also in case that tint slides down you still can move it up to the edge of the glass and STILL have some to tuck behind the door panel

what i do is cut the tint to the size on the edges and then perfectly cut along the top of the edge of the glass, once you have that lower the window about an inch, install the tint and start from the top down slide it up and leave about 1/8th of an inch from the top of the edge, put the window up BUT NOT all the way, tuck the tint behind the door panel and work out the bubbles. LEAVE the window cracked til the tint dries other wise its gonna NOT stick and make it look like sht

hope that helps alittle

Archived