Infinitely Baffled The Do-Over. :P

looks real damn good mang. clean and got a trunk still. win win for sure. but how do they sound. and how compaired to the 15"s?

Thanks. I think I'm going to make a false floor/trim piece just to cover up the wires. That will be later though. As for sound, all I can say is DANG!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Impressions:

I don't use any tools to setup the system. This is what I do. I pop in something I'm familiar with with bass. This time around I popped in Kylie Minogue, Fever. I turn up the radio 3/4 of the way up and start off with the fronts. I guestimate the crossover. Since the fronts are 3-1/2 co-ax I shot for 500Hz. There are markings on the amps crossover. I turn the gain up till I hear a hint of distortion then back off a 1/16th of a turn. Then I disconnect the fronts and repeat the process for the rears. For the rears I shot for a crossover point of 120Hz. To set the subs I have all the speakers going. I shot for a 80Hz crossover point then just turn the gains up till it sounds right with the inside speakers. From here I'll fiddle with the EQ in the head unit to get the sound right. That will happen over time over a wide range of music. I'll also have friends listen and get their take. This is what I have always done, and for the most part it has worked.

As for the sound so far, it's good. There is more bass output. At low and moderate levels you now it's there. When I go for full tilt, it's a bit much. There is a bunch of air moving through the large rectangular openings in the rear deck. It's almost like a speaker port. I'm definitely going to work on that. I'll get some measurements first with my SPL-Labs Meter. Shameless plug there for my friends. :P

I conducted my first system test. This test was raw, I hope to improve on this. This first test is was

conducted windows and doors shut.

DSC01978.jpg

This is the meter location.

DSC01980.jpg

This is the setup. No rear seat, no rear deck cover. :P

DSC01979.jpg

Here are the results from my second test. The drivers side door was open for this one.

DSC01981.jpg

My thoughts. Meh.

Do you think you'll hit your 140 after you finish sealing everything up?

I don't know. The subs are pretty tight, it'll take a while for them to break in a loosen up. Right now my electrical is my weak point. My lights dim big time with the system at full blast. I'll throw the factory rear deck cover on and put the seats in and run another test. Stay tuned.

ya know i do have to be honest and say i do like this build. its not huge but for real it is def onr of a kind and out of the SMD norm. good shit mang and after sealing up the rear deck/seat area you should pick up a bit more. and also after the subs break in some. IMO your getting to that SOTM nom time again....maybe next month youll be ready huh :drinks:

How accurate is that meter in comparison to a TL?

Nice build, different.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

ya know i do have to be honest and say i do like this build. its not huge but for real it is def onr of a kind and out of the SMD norm. good shit mang and after sealing up the rear deck/seat area you should pick up a bit more. and also after the subs break in some. IMO your getting to that SOTM nom time again....maybe next month youll be ready huh :drinks:

I'm getting there. Work on the rear deck has been slow. :( I got the factory pieces and the rear seat back in. I'll run a test to see how it compares to the readings I got without the rear seat and deck cover in. Next month. :yahoo:

How accurate is that meter in comparison to a TL?

Nice build, different.

The meter is accurate within .1db It uses the same Motorola MAP sensor as the termlab. I did an in depth review. Check it out here and let me know what you think.

Archived