Court date for medical bills???

you cant get any money out of someone who dosent have any worse thing they can do to you is put you in jail but that isnt really productive

That's pretty rare. Garnishment would suck though man. Losing 25% of your paycheck and having your employer know your finances are in disarray. That would irk me plenty.

Also if you have a house or a car they can put a lien on it meaning you can't sell your collateral without paying them.

images-1.jpg

That's pretty rare. Garnishment would suck though man. Losing 25% of your paycheck and having your employer know your finances are in disarray. That would irk me plenty.

Also if you have a house or a car they can put a lien on it meaning you can't sell your collateral without paying them.

they could garnish wages but if your not working theres no wages. Ive got a co worker that owes tons of money to the IRS and they garnish his wages the damn place I work still gives him the keys to the building not saying hes going to steal but why risk it

I used to have super fucked up credit years ago and got a bunch of notices for court like that. I never went and they eventually just started garnishing my check. I had 25% of my check gone for over 3 years. It sucks but I knew it was money I owed and unless they took it like that I knew I was too fucked up to ever get off my ass and pay them. Those days are long gone for me thank goodness. You can either not go to court and they will just issue a judgement that says you are required to pay them, or you can go to court and try to work out a payment plan. There is no jail in civil matters, only criminal.

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

There is no jail in civil matters, only criminal.

Not true. If you are sued by someone and the court orders you do something and you refuse you can be jailed easily, if they so desire. You can't just refuse a judge.

images-1.jpg

Well... don't know what to say. The statute of limitations in TN is quite long, if I recall right. Are you sure this is what it is for? I'm saying, old ass things can bite you in the ass.

Anyhow, if you don't own a home or any assets getting sued aint no big deal. As long as you don't mind changing jobs everytime they send over a write of garnishment hehe

SOL in TN is 6 yrs and garnishment of wages is 75%. I looked that up lastnight when I was replying to you.

And yes the hospital is what its for I have the summons right in front of me.

It states:

Summon Debra XXXXXXX

To appear before the General Sessins Court of Macon County, TN on XXXXXXX

Civil action brought by ___________ Hospital for agreement due and unpaid in the amount of 2612.70 plus court costs, private process server fees, prejudgement interest and attorney's fees for which the plaintiff sues as evidenced by a sworn account here to the court shown.

The problem I have is it's just my husbands income now.(Disability) I need to contact Legal Aide cause I dont know if it will be a judgement on me, or if they drag him into it too cause we are married.

If it's just on me, then I can list my truck under the personal property exemption but that only covers up to 4,000.

Now if they do this as a household we will end up loosing some shit, tv, computers, and a truck (both have systems). I dont believe they can garnish from Disability but I dont know for sure.

I am sick of having to start over I have had to do so three damn times now, tornado, getting hurt & losing my job and selling everything of value just to get by, and apartment fire. I be damned if I'm gonna loose my shit to a hospital bill!

And I'm not going to jail over a damn bill either!!!

Well they aren't going to be able to go after your husband's disability and I'm not really sure how they would take your television set. This isn't the UK where they have a bailiff show up and take everything.

The truck would be the only thing an asset scrub would probably pull up if you don't own property. 75% huh? That is a harsh toke.

You should be fine for now, I'd say. Just let it happen. Either that and show up and have all the documents you can proving you cannot pay it. They might grant leniency.

You can't be found in contempt of court and sent to jail if you don't have anything to pay with.

images-1.jpg

Archived