Sonic Electronix

So i hook up a volt meter to my speaker terminals on my amp? Man that crap is confusing lol, i read it but my mind isn't processing it right. What i get from that is i have to put in a test tone of 50hz. Have bass boost all the way down, hook up a volt meter to my speaker terminals, have the H/U volume to 75% and then turn up the gain till my subs start clipping/distorting/sounding muddy, is that correct?

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

So i hook up a volt meter to my speaker terminals on my amp? Man that crap is confusing lol, i read it but my mind isn't processing it right. What i get from that is i have to put in a test tone of 50hz. Have bass boost all the way down, hook up a volt meter to my speaker terminals, have the H/U volume to 75% and then turn up the gain till my subs start clipping/distorting/sounding muddy, is that correct?

Step 1: You need to find the wattage to voltage conversion for your amp and subs (sub/amp power ratings). That will give you the set point on the amp. Once you have that:

Turn the gain and bass boot all the way down on the amp. Flatten out all settings on the head unit (bass/treble/eq's/boost/etc).

Disconnect your subs from the amp. (*Don't forget your mids/highs and disconnect them if you want to make sure they don't blow.)

Turn the head unit up to it's max volume to find out what it is on your head unit, and as a general rule, 75% of that volume should be free from clipping.

Set the volume to that 75% volume, and set the 50hz track to repeat.

Connect your DMM leads into the speaker terminals on the amp, and slowly turn the gain up until the voltage reaches your number from step 1.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then don't turn it up louder than your 75%, or crank the boost, or the settings on the head unit...and you'll fairly close to as loud as you'll get with that setup, and still keep your stuff safe.

An Oscope is the best method for all of this, but most of us don't have access to one...and I can't justify the cost.

lol late night advice always gets a little fuzzy. if you still need help, JL has a tutorial that is pretty easy to follow. it has pics and step by step instructions.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I am pretty tired, so I'm not sure if my last post is totally understandable.

Anyway...from a quick look, it seems like your converted number should be 31.62 volts for 500 watts @ 2 ohm.

Im running 320watts x 1 @ 4 ohms off my amp. Subs are 300w Rms each.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...