Sonic Electronix

So i have seen some info but i want a unbiased opinion....whis is why i didnt post this in one particular section

i currently have a re audio xxx 12" sub that im not happy with. it smells like i burnt the voice coil within the last 2 months of installing it and since noone answered me at the Re audio Rma department and the guy at technical support at Re said they wouldnt warranty it, im looking for a replacement instead of rebuilding it.im using a orion HCCA-25001 amp for the subs and a HCCA-10004 for the components have a BIG 3 upgrade, a Kinetik HC2400 in the trunk and a yellow top underhood (although im fixing to have a HC2400 underhood also) went to la vergne and had dom install my 320 alternator he built for me but so now im looking for a new sub.

i was looking at the orion HCCA122 and also at the DC Sound Level 5 12" sub but i dont know much about either....i had looked at the memphis mojo but im gonna stay away from them and i think im gonna stay away from rebuilding the Re Audio XXX as it wont handle the power im making it seems so no sense in rebuilding it just to blow it again

anyone give me some info on these two or suggestions on another?

I'd go with the Level 5, also the Ascendant Audio Mayhem can take alot of power

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Whats the OHM load on that xxx?

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

i'm running planet audio bb2 12's they arent completely broke in and still hit a 141 on the dash. useing a epic 160

Thats like a 135 on the TL...

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I'd go with the Level 5, also the Ascendant Audio Mayhem can take alot of power

well, you know im concerned with something that i know NOTHING bout, never heard of them before a buddy mentioned them. how reliable are they?

i'm running planet audio bb2 12's they arent completely broke in and still hit a 141 on the dash. useing a epic 160

well im not wanting to change my amps or anything so im looking for a sub i can use with my current amp....although i will have to rework my plexiglass/wood box

Whats the OHM load on that xxx?

2 ohm, it was a dual 4 (according to the shop that installed it for me)

Thats like a 135 on the TL...

still plenty loud, just not enough

hey, I have 2x Orion HCCA's. one is 12.2 and the other is 12.4. selling both, and im looking to sell em pretty cheap... they are the 2008 ones with the silver cone. hope you live close, so we can meet somewhere, b/c subs are like 70+ lbs each. shoot me a pm

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

hey, I have 2x Orion HCCA's. one is 12.2 and the other is 12.4. selling both, and im looking to sell em pretty cheap... they are the 2008 ones with the silver cone. hope you live close, so we can meet somewhere, b/c subs are like 70+ lbs each. shoot me a pm

sorry not looking to buy used. im getting a good price from my local dealer IF i go with those but let me ask you, what were your thoughts on them? why you selling them?

sorry not looking to buy used. im getting a good price from my local dealer IF i go with those but let me ask you, what were your thoughts on them? why you selling them?

I've got a BNIB HCCA 12.4 2009 black cone. Its in Cali. PM me if you're interested so we can talk details.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived