teamSPB

4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

Cheers for the comments everyone! Ill update with some more pics in a bit...

As for the Soccer dad thing...haha that made me laugh...well im only 26, not married and hope I have no kids!

The BEST looks you get is when people ask for a ride, and you turn around and say, sorry, only one passenger allowed HAHA!!

More pics coming soon!

teamSPB

Right, now that we had the baffles and the braces cut...it was time the braces went on a diet...

Firstly the middles had to be cut out so the magnet could slide through and rest on the brace...then secondly, MDF was removed from the brace...just enough so there was still plenty of MDF remaining to support near on 80-100kgs of weight on there own!

So they went from this

DSC05874.jpg

To this

DSC06031.jpg

To this

DSC06032.jpg

DSC06036.jpg

Again, were put into the box to make sure they fitted nice and snug...so snug I needed a sledgehammer to get them straight up!

DSC06076.jpg

Now, it was make or break....should I of aligned the brace wrong, drilled any centre points wrong...or just been plain silly...the magnets WILL NOT line up with the holes in the braces :(...and would you believe it...

IT FITS!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC06059.jpg

Now, If you have never picked up an SMD before, you will NEVER realise how difficult it is putting one of these in a wall! Lifting them up and down aint a problem...its holding them while they are horizontal where the problems come in! At this point, we needed 2 of us to lift, push and guide the sub into its 'test home'!!! (Cheers goes out to my Dad here for the hand!)

Heres 'SMD #99' chillin...looking proud!

DSC06038.jpg

DSC06042.jpg

DSC06041.jpg

teamSPB

That's beutiful man! Great woodwork aswell! You nearly had me with the gap in ya post. I was like... Oh no it didn't fit!!! Hahah

DSC06044.jpg

DSC06046.jpg

Time to get the braces in to firstly, support the subs, and secondly brace the box BIG time!

Get some angle steel (which is rated at over a ton IIRC!)

DSC06062.jpg

Cut it to the right lengths

DSC06142.jpg

Bond it to the wood

DSC06079.jpg

Then screw the steel to the MDF using HEAVY duty coach screws

DSC06078.jpg

DSC06080.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06147.jpg

teamSPB

looks good very nice build. i have one question though. why didnt you use the bolt on the back of the sub to brace it up instaed of the way your doing it?

woooow wrong post

Edited by 99GPGTX