Spl/daily Driver Design

i am going to get 4 15" fully loaded BTL's and was wondering what the best box to put them in would be. 5 cubes by themselves ported? i always heard it's best to put them in their own box or if it shares a box, to put a separater to separate the subs. but lots of vehicles i've seen lately have 2 to 4 subs in one BIG box. any differences in the two? should i put all 4 in a box with about 20 cubes and brace the hell out of it? if so how big should the port be? i have a lil more than 20 cubes of airspace available. nothing bigger than 42"W x 33"H x about 40" long. i also heard that it's loudest if subs face up, and port faces back. but with 4, i'm probably going to have to wall it off.

it's going to be going in a daily driver that wants to compete

can anyone help me with box/port dimensions? i just want the best build possible. if you can i'd love you forever :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by ExpoSport

i am going to get 4 15" fully loaded BTL's and was wondering what the best box to put them in would be. 5 cubes by themselves ported? i always heard it's best to put them in their own box or if it shares a box, to put a separater to separate the subs. but lots of vehicles i've seen lately have 2 to 4 subs in one BIG box. any differences in the two? should i put all 4 in a box with about 20 cubes and brace the hell out of it? if so how big should the port be? i have a lil more than 20 cubes of airspace available. nothing bigger than 42"W x 33"H x about 40" long. i also heard that it's loudest if subs face up, and port faces back. but with 4, i'm probably going to have to wall it off.

it's going to be going in a daily driver that wants to compete

can anyone help me with box/port dimensions? i just want the best build possible. if you can i'd love you forever :lol::rolleyes:

Boss man, I'm not a pro at this but I do suggest that you chamber each sub, reason being is that if one sub goes, the other 3 subs will be off as far as cu.inches is concerned. Also, a street box and comp box are not the same, one your building for ground pounding(street) and the other (comp) is for the mike/sensor.not your ears!! depending on how serious your gonna get, I would stick with the street build, it would sound better. Comp boxes are made for 1 note/freq. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. :blush:

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

yeah i knew there was a line between straight comp boxes and daily boxes. was curious as to if there's a safe mix between the two. maybe a removable port? single boxes, or two boxes with their own chamber might be better, just as far as fitment in concerned. opening in the back isnt quite as big as the inside of it. so maybe i'll build two separate boxes. thanks for the tip. there's a LOT i dont know about box design. i see some seriously complicated boxes and just think ??? :blink:

Boss man, I'm not a pro at this but I do suggest that you chamber each sub, reason being is that if one sub goes, the other 3 subs will be off as far as cu.inches is concerned. Also, a street box and comp box are not the same, one your building for ground pounding(street) and the other (comp) is for the mike/sensor.not your ears!! depending on how serious your gonna get, I would stick with the street build, it would sound better. Comp boxes are made for 1 note/freq. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. :blush:

i would have to agree 100% with this reply, make each sub have its own chamber.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

i would have to agree 100% with this reply, make each sub have its own chamber.

Did some more checking, as for ports, you can do changable ports, the would be your best bet if you want to walk the line between comp and street. :D

48956a0.jpgwww.competitionsoundz.comTeam R&RTeam MaxxsonicsTeam DC AudioTeam PowermasterTeam KinetikHooker car audio

Did some more checking, as for ports, you can do changable ports, the would be your best bet if you want to walk the line between comp and street. :D

hell yes. thanks. that's kinda something i was aiming for, a good mix between the two :D . gonna make two separate boxes, each with it's own chamber. 4 cubes of air, hopefully some glass on the front to add character, then wall it off behind the seats. not sure on dimensions tho. might have another thread about port size when i get the box dimensions down(regular and comp size). seems like in the past when i'd build a box, even to spec, it didnt quite turn out right. had a good one, but if it aint broke, dont fix it. and that's what i did lol.

hell yes. thanks. that's kinda something i was aiming for, a good mix between the two :D . gonna make two separate boxes, each with it's own chamber. 4 cubes of air, hopefully some glass on the front to add character, then wall it off behind the seats. not sure on dimensions tho. might have another thread about port size when i get the box dimensions down(regular and comp size). seems like in the past when i'd build a box, even to spec, it didnt quite turn out right. had a good one, but if it aint broke, dont fix it. and that's what i did lol.

No need for 2 boxes!! 1 box, changable ports. Unless you just want to build 2 boxes :blink:

No need for 2 boxes!! 1 box, changable ports. Unless you just want to build 2 boxes :blink:

just depends on fitment issues. one box would be easier as far as work, 2 boxes be easier fitting in cuz the opening in the back isnt as big as it is inside. but i might have enough room to lower it a couple inches. just make it a tad longer. hopefully tomorrow i can get out and get some measurements done. might need all the heighth i can get, it's like 34 inches from the top to bottom. but yeah...i'll check

just depends on fitment issues. one box would be easier as far as work, 2 boxes be easier fitting in cuz the opening in the back isnt as big as it is inside. but i might have enough room to lower it a couple inches. just make it a tad longer. hopefully tomorrow i can get out and get some measurements done. might need all the heighth i can get, it's like 34 inches from the top to bottom. but yeah...i'll check

sounds good, keep us posted. if possible take some pics as you build. The more you give us, the more we can try to give you! :blush:

sounds good, keep us posted. if possible take some pics as you build. The more you give us, the more we can try to give you! :blush:

pics are a must. i plan on having this setup a while. i wanna get started asap that's for sure.