OK, so I've been running 2 Fi BTL 18s on 2 memphis 4ks for quite a while now in my yukon. I just bought a newer tahoe, and figured it was a great time to do a new build. A month or so ago I won a contest with fi, so I'm getting a great deal on another btl as well. I figured it would be a perfect time to upgrade to 4 btls and 4 memphis 4ks.

My dilemma is in the install. I already have several yellow tops, so I'll be running 5 yellows and a redtop. I'm debating between 2 iraggi 300a alts, or excessive amperage.

The tahoe is my daily driver, I haul people and tools often, so the middle has to remain usable. My wife drives it once in a while so I can't build a wall other wise she would have trouble driving it. The only thing I can think of to do is to have a row of batts back w/ the subs. If I put them between the box and the seat it eats up a lot of room, where if I put them to the back between the door and the box I only have to make a small indent in the box for them to fit. since it already is tight, that seems like the most logical place. Then I started searching for some ideas, and saw how meades box is very similar to what I had in mind, and I really don't want to 'copy' him. I know that's the most sincere form of compliment, but still, I want it to be at least a little original. There's only so much you can do different when you NEED air space and have the same vehicle, and I'm fresh out of ideas.

If anyone has any idea for placement for batteries, or comments, please let me know.

Thanks

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

First of all....post pics of what you already got....

Hmmm seems like you don't got enough space so that idea you have of doing four 18"s I would rule it out.

If meade did it, why can't I?

It'll be this evening before I can get pics, but I already have the 2 btl 18s and 2 memphis 4ks. I know the memphis amps are much smaller than the rfs, and they're the same subs. I can get 20 ft net after all displacement even with the top of the seats with the way I'm planning, and that fits the minimum requirements. I just don't want it to look like a mini-meade or something :blink:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

^^ I already have half the gear, and I'm ordering the other 2 amps and subs hopefully in the next few weeks. I'm going out of town around the middle of august though, so I might wait till the end of the month just to make sure I'm here when stuff is delivered.

Thanks for the quick reply to btw.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

post pics!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

post pics!!!

x2...So your saying because Steve has a daily driver that sits 5 people, with four 18"s behind it, everybody can do it? NO. Thats what makes Steves tahoe special...

Also don't expect the BTLs to handle 4kw daily...Everybody thinks cause Steve pulls it off they can do it and when their's blow they're like wtf...

^^^ listen to this guy, he is soooo right, steve has sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many hours of work into his setup, it would boggle your mind, just because someone else is doing something doesnt mean you can, if you want to Invest the time and effort into it, and you have some serious skillz it can be done, I will say this it takes a massive amount of work to pull it off.

My suggestion would be to recone those 18's into 15's and goto town you will have more space to work with.

i was gonna say until we see some work done by you dont compare yourself to him.

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I'm not at all comparing myself to him, I'll be the first to admit I'm sure he has many more hours and much greater skill than I do. I'm just saying that where there's a will there's a way.

I've been building enclosures for a few years, nothing too serious, but I own a remodeling/maintanance business and I'm comfortable with my tools. I have enough experience to feel comfortable taking this project on, and trying again if I fail the first time.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

ok....as long as thats cleared up haha.

but get some pics of the back of your hoe and lets us see where we can possibly come up with some ideas.

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Archived