well dont know if you seen my vids on the burb but there is hardly any shake on the outside and IM running 4 XXX 18's. Its what steve is using in chickens caddy, we use it in our spl van.....JUst my .02 cents

I'm not sure if I have or not, but I'll search for them. all input is appreciated. Love to hear a setup like any you've mentioned, but here in sc there just isn't a whole lot around. Big setup here means 1 15 or more :)

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

ditch the spare tire underneath and weld a rack that bolts to the frame where the tire used to sit to hold your batteries....

I like that idea... Have to make it water tight though, as I go offroad some times. Putting them in the box will take up more area no matter how you look at it, unless I take the box all the way to the door with a recessed area for the port, dunno how that would look/work though.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Where the BTLs at??

The ones I have are in my 'tool room'. :lol:

I haven't rebuilt the shed/workshop like I want it, so I've been forced to put them in one of the spare bedrooms that has become a storage room for all my tools and equipment. I didn't see a need to get a really crappy pic that wouldn't show much, but I will if need be.

*edit

ok, here's the best I could get, its really full of crap in that room so I can't get a full on pic, but there they are. I have tools and stuff around, in front of, and behind them, but I'll get better pics when I can get to them, I hurt my back yesterday and I'm supposed to be laying down till I go to the chiropractor tomarrow. :D

I never bothered carpeting the one box because I knew I would be building a new one and doing something else, it would've been a waste of material, but it sounded good. Only been to one comp, hit 150.8 @ 35hz on a dying alt after driving a few hours. I'm sure there's better numbers to be had from that setup, but that's with 0 time on a meter, and my first comp ever.

Posted Image

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

^ I built two seperate boxes because of my work it was better to be able to pull one out and have room to haul stuff (paint, pressure washer, etc). But I've just been using my trailer anyway, so I figure I can just build one big one and have it in permanantly.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

^ I built two seperate boxes because of my work it was better to be able to pull one out and have room to haul stuff (paint, pressure washer, etc). But I've just been using my trailer anyway, so I figure I can just build one big one and have it in permanantly.

i was about to say just get a small trailer.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

ok, so I re-measured last night, and I think I fandangled something that'll work with the batteries easily accessible behind the seats. About 200sqin of port at about ~20ft right at the window line, and unfortunately some of the amps in plain site, but oh well.

dominick w/ iraggi told me he could make 3 and 4 alternator brackets, he responded to my second email very quickly, so it's possible he just didn't get the first, seems like a great guy.

Thanks for some of the suggestions, and I'll start the build log as soon as I get started. I have to wait till the middle of the month because I'm going out of town the 13th and don't want stuff coming in while I'm gone.

Again, thanks.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

ok, so I re-measured last night, and I think I fandangled something that'll work with the batteries easily accessible behind the seats. About 200sqin of port at about ~20ft right at the window line, and unfortunately some of the amps in plain site, but oh well.

dominick w/ iraggi told me he could make 3 and 4 alternator brackets, he responded to my second email very quickly, so it's possible he just didn't get the first, seems like a great guy.

Thanks for some of the suggestions, and I'll start the build log as soon as I get started. I have to wait till the middle of the month because I'm going out of town the 13th and don't want stuff coming in while I'm gone.

Again, thanks.

he is a great guy bro. i emailed him and he got right back with me within the hour ...... only for me to email him five more times and he replied to all the emails. i'm sure he's busy though but his customer service gets an A+ from me ......good luck with the bill bro, nothings impossible ........well somethings are but you know ....

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATESSSSSSS?

OK, so I threw one sub in there with one amp (just so I could test everything out first). I have the other 3 subs and amps sitting in several parts of my house, and I'll get a few pics of them tomarrow or sunday, it's just too late for me to get things together for a good pic.

I still need to get the alternators, but a few unexpected bills have thrown a wrench in the works there (we bought a fixer-upper house, so there's always something that needs a few hundred or thousand for that matter dumped into it http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) .

Anyway, there's no reason for me not to put the equipment in till I get that squared away- I'll just have to keep a close eye on the voltage.

I went to vegas last week, where I had a chance to meet scott from fi in person, really nice guy. Unfortunately since I've been back I've had to work 12-16 hour days to make up for the time I spent away, so I've done next to nothing on the build.

Tomarrow there's a 3x comp about 2 hours away I'm going to just to see what one sub will do in this car with the stock electrical system.

I have made a few cuts, but not enough to start a build log. This week there will be plenty of pics, and plenty of updates.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived