Sonic Electronix

Oscopes aren't ridiculously expensive. I've been told that for our purposes, these are good enough.

I will say I think people make a mountain out of a mole hill when it comes to bass boosts. When used properly, they serve a purpose.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

It's how the noobs get the MAXX rating out of their amplifiers. :woot:

x2 on that one.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

You sir, are an idiot, turn the "bass eq" OFF!

Turn the gain up.... probly a lil below 3/4 of the way.... or get a DMM and set it that way, and then lower it a little from there...

what did you do? put a shtitty ass amp on that good sub?

you sure youre not the idiot?

that is not good advice.

Turn the gain up.... probly a lil below 3/4 of the way.... or get a DMM and set it that way, and then lower it a little from there...

No im not an idiot. I may be new to car audio, but ive done literally tons of research prior to this first system. The amp im running is an Alpine MRP 450, last time I checked Alpine amps were not pieces of shit. And as far as clipping im 98% positive that I have no clipping. The amp is getting the required power, I checked with DMM it was reading at 14 volts with the car on. And as far as gain, If I turn the gain up near half even, with the HU bass settings as low as possible, The bass is already way louder than the other speakers. 1/4 Gain should do. I didnt think this topic was going to get this much attention. Ive summed it up based on user replies and my own knowledge as well that it just some excess glue warming up. I just wanted to be sure Im spot on before really beating this thing. I Thank your guys for you input!

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

What would be your definition of a "shitty ass amp"?

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived