Sonic Electronix

anl vs. Mini anl... size difference?

alright heres the deal... im going to a comp this weekend and the maximum fuse size i can run is a 70a... problem is that i cant find a regular size 70a anl fuse... they are all mini anl's... my question is how much of a difference is there in size dimensions? will a mini anl fit in a regular anl fuse holder???

if all else fails, i can just run my 60a fuses... but i want to be able to burp as much power as i can for as long as i can... i figure the 70 will give me a better chance to put up higher numbers... fyi im running a sae1200d which is fused at 150 amps... im guessing the 60a wont last long...

feel free to discuss and give insight... id like to know all i can about it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

no a mini will not fit if i remember right there like 3\4 of an inch shorter or more

really.... i was kinda hoping that i could atleast get a bite on each end of the mini's... they would be sammiched between washers... idk... damn..lol i need a comparison pic..lol.. ive never seen a mini anl in person

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Why do they have to be anl fuses?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

well i only have an anl fuse holder... not much else that i find will accept 1/0 rings or 1/0 period

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

buy 70A spade fuses and solder on wire leads to them adn then attach to the fuse block, it will be ghetto rigger but will give you the most povwer

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

my knu fuse holder would work with a mini anl cause the innards move about inside of it, and so will that one i got but it takes 4guage or till i bore it out and tap it so i can use it if i need to, it takes a 4guage wire with a somewhat "compression" fitting to hold the wire in and i think its pure shit, i was gunna sell it but i payed to much for it so im gunna make it so i can use it

heres some pics of it tho to make some sence of what im talking bout, i tryed to solder some 0guage in it but i used lead solder rather than that flux core silver solder i normally do and made a fukin mess lol

DSCN1343.jpg

heres a pic of it took apart

DSCN1344.jpg

to sum it up, wire goes threw that copper deal and folds over that lil ring thing and then it screws into the grey thing and it presses the wire to the copper fitting to hold it in, then it slides in the plastic thing and it moves to either end so i can run a mini anl if i wanted to but i got regular anls so im ok

but why the hell do people make people in comps run smaller fuses? to make it fare or so they dont blow shit?

midi fuses

midi70l_1043_general.jpg

anl fuses

anls_1629_general.jpg

and an oldschool secrete, u can get a multi fuse agu fuse block then run the wires back threw a dist block to up the guage again and then do it that way, ive seen a few do that on here befor, and the princeple behind it is its harder to blow multi fuses of a lower amp than 1 fuse of same amp combined, it worked for them so i guess give it a shot?

heres a pic of what im talking bout useing

http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=317&idcategory=27

go in 2 4guage and out 4 8guage and run that to a 1/0 connector or something and theres ur fuseing, prolly could get 4 30amp fuses or something in it, i dont think they make 20 amp fuses in agu but lemmie check, ya 20 amp agu fuses http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=150&idcategory=58

and u can use meade as a cupon code to get like 20% off ur final order too, hope this makes sence

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ok the top 4 big hex bolts are for normal anl fuses and the 8 bottom little hex bolts are for mini anl fuses. just to give you an idea on the size difference

http://800baba.com/productDetailsByName.php?name=Phoenix+Gold+PF1F3144# click on pic to make it bigger

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Here ya go 0 gauge midi fuse holder.

Darvex

Are you fusing for meca? If so what's your cone area?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Archived