Was wondering if anyone has wired just a keyless entry? and how hard it is?

I own a 1992 Buick Century (Laughing While Typing) and was wondering how hard it might be on an older car? or would it be easier?

If anyone can give me some good companies for a keyless entry system, it would be greatly appreciated ..

Looking to spend around $75 :P

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

for 25 more u get complete alarm and i think it has remote start not sure though http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18682_Viper+3002+-DEI+P-N+-3202V-+R-B.html

and here is the wiring diagram http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/328.html

edit. no remote start

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif

for 25 more u get complete alarm and i think it has remote start not sure though http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18682_Viper+3002+-DEI+P-N+-3202V-+R-B.html

and here is the wiring diagram http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/328.html

edit. no remote start

yeah but that gives me alot more wires to connect

I figured that i would have a easier chance of doing this myself with the least amount of wires involved :lol:

Honestly how hard is it to do a Alarm and Keyless entry install?

Im 17 years old with minimal car knowledge

Edited by Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

my bad dude forgot about this well am going to install my first alarm soon so cant tell u how easy it is even tho everyone says it super easy all u got to do is find wires and it should be a lot easier with the diagram i gave you all u got to do is find the intructed wires btw the diagram also tells u were each wire is at

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif

my bad dude forgot about this well am going to install my first alarm soon so cant tell u how easy it is even tho everyone says it super easy all u got to do is find wires and it should be a lot easier with the diagram i gave you all u got to do is find the intructed wires btw the diagram also tells u were each wire is at

Its alright dude, its been 2 days and I forgot myself lol

Luckily i had it bookmarked :woot:

How do i attach the wires to the existing wires?

Do i have to splice wires and crimp them together? or what?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

yeah u can do that a lot of people will soughter wires or use t-taps or connectors

Thanks alot

Im still looking for a cheaper keyless entry system sinse ide probably mess it up lol and i dont wanna spend alot and end up throwing it down the drain ,, You know?

Edited by Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Take it to a pro. Alot of times you're going to run into locking problems with older vehicles. In that car specifically it's a positive trigger for lock and unlock, Meaning it's probably heavy current and you will need to convert polarity as well as use a good fused source wire as supply for the relays.

The most true tested connections for any alarm/keyless entry/remote start is always soldering when tapping your wires. If you aren't able to do perfect soldered joints each and every time.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner