yeah i get u well this is the cheapest one i could find with keyless entry http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12045_Omega+Freedom+150.html

Thanks for the link, The reviews say its a great product, i wonder if its worth a try?

Take it to a pro. Alot of times you're going to run into locking problems with older vehicles. In that car specifically it's a positive trigger for lock and unlock, Meaning it's probably heavy current and you will need to convert polarity as well as use a good fused source wire as supply for the relays.

The most true tested connections for any alarm/keyless entry/remote start is always soldering when tapping your wires. If you aren't able to do perfect soldered joints each and every time.

But my car is extremely old :lol:

Last weekend I went to a local car audio/electronics shop, and they said that older cars are typically easier to install security on because they don't require extra parts, is this true?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Thanks for the link, The reviews say its a great product, i wonder if its worth a try?

But my car is extremely old :lol:

Last weekend I went to a local car audio/electronics shop, and they said that older cars are typically easier to install security on because they don't require extra parts, is this true?

Yes and no. Adding a remote start yes they are somewhat less expensive because they don't always need an immobilizer bypass. However when it comes to everything else, More then less they are more prone to need extra relays. Especially when it comes to the door locks, alot of vehicles are 5wi door locks in which case we use a DEI 451m relay module, or two 5 pin relays.

In your case you need 2 four pin relays at the least for keyless entry just to convert the lock/unlock polarities.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

How many wires are required for just the keyless entry?

Or are there systems with only keyless entry? And no alarm or remote start option .. Just keyless entry

Power, ground, door locks, and trunk are the only wires absolutely required... You can hook up parking lights, ignition for ignition controlled door locks, and horn for horn honk and panic....

And yes there is keyless entry only units... Typically for keyless entry only we do viper 211hv...

Older cars are simple... What kind of car?

*edit

92 century lol I don't even need to look that one up white and light blue positive trigger... Nothing special no five wire or anything

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000