Sonic Electronix

Speaker amp cuts out at high volumes NEED HELP

Thoroughly check for the wires being pinched, I had the same problem and that was the reason. I swore none were being pinched, I was wrong.

Edited by DGold

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

^^ this or maby its not working right

are the tweets ran threw the comps cross over, and mids going str8 to amp?

also check wires going into cross over cause they might be wired wrong, i had that problem with my kicker comp set, i was moveing the cross overs and i had the wire comeing from amp going into tweet output and tweets wired to cross over input, it worked but distorted bad, but i soon fixed it lol

but i unno what else could be ur problem, does the amp go to protect, or just speakers cut out?

try to unhook each speaker till it stops, or try it without any speakers for a lil bit, i had to do this befor with one of my amps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

^^ this or maby its not working right

are the tweets ran threw the comps cross over, and mids going str8 to amp?

also check wires going into cross over cause they might be wired wrong, i had that problem with my kicker comp set, i was moveing the cross overs and i had the wire comeing from amp going into tweet output and tweets wired to cross over input, it worked but distorted bad, but i soon fixed it lol

but i unno what else could be ur problem, does the amp go to protect, or just speakers cut out?

try to unhook each speaker till it stops, or try it without any speakers for a lil bit, i had to do this befor with one of my amps

I will double check for wires being pinched, good idea.

And the amp doesn't shut off or dim or go into protect or anything when it cuts out, it stays the same.

The tweets AND mids are ran through the crossover.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

I will double check for wires being pinched, good idea.

And the amp doesn't shut off or dim or go into protect or anything when it cuts out, it stays the same.

The tweets AND mids are ran through the crossover.

what kind of components are you running? some crossovers can't handle the wattage, I had a Infinity component set that would cut out at higher volumes. I removed the crossovers and they sounded like a whole new set.

I'm running these (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19799_MB_Quart_PVI_216.aspx)

even with the gain way down that amps putting out like 20wrms, theres no way it's being over powered....

Hmmm have you tried unhooking one speaker at a time from the amp to help narrow down the search? will also be able to tell if the amp is just bad that way.

maybe too low of a ohm load.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.