Sonic Electronix

Old thread warning!!! Anyway, I’ve been looking for a while now, trying to find some old PPI amps that I want to buy. Back in the late 90’s till 2005 I managed and installed at a stereo shop, and we were a PPI dealer which was one of our higher end brands at the time, especially for big amps. When the chrome 15th anniversary PC650 6 channel and big boy 2 channel PC2350 came out, I grabbed one of the 650’s and two of the 2350’s as I had been looking for the perfect amps to replace/upgrade the Rockford amps that had been in my 92 GTI that I took to all the IASCA competitions on the west coast and NW area. It had a Punch 40 running a 5 1/4” component set in a set of custom fiberglass kick panel pods that everyone was running at the time, a Punch 250m “squared” that sent the midbass frequencies to a pair of 8” Punch subs mounted in the also common for the time, fiberglass door pods. Lastly I had two classic Punch 200ix amps running 8 Punch 12” subs that were in a full wall behind the front seats. I had long wanted a lot more power, and originally was going to use the older PPI Art series A606 and 2350, but didn’t get it done. Anyway, those 3 amps along with my old chrome Rockford Power 1000 are some of the old gear that I most wish I still had, and really want to locate another set. I loved those amps, even though they were killers to the electrical system. I later put one 2350 in my new to me 94 Supra in 1997 and the alternator was dead within 3 months

4 hours ago, Lineman26 said:

Old thread warning!!! Anyway, I’ve been looking for a while now, trying to find some old PPI amps that I want to buy. Back in the late 90’s till 2005 I managed and installed at a stereo shop, and we were a PPI dealer which was one of our higher end brands at the time, especially for big amps. When the chrome 15th anniversary PC650 6 channel and big boy 2 channel PC2350 came out, I grabbed one of the 650’s and two of the 2350’s as I had been looking for the perfect amps to replace/upgrade the Rockford amps that had been in my 92 GTI that I took to all the IASCA competitions on the west coast and NW area. It had a Punch 40 running a 5 1/4” component set in a set of custom fiberglass kick panel pods that everyone was running at the time, a Punch 250m “squared” that sent the midbass frequencies to a pair of 8” Punch subs mounted in the also common for the time, fiberglass door pods. Lastly I had two classic Punch 200ix amps running 8 Punch 12” subs that were in a full wall behind the front seats. I had long wanted a lot more power, and originally was going to use the older PPI Art series A606 and 2350, but didn’t get it done. Anyway, those 3 amps along with my old chrome Rockford Power 1000 are some of the old gear that I most wish I still had, and really want to locate another set. I loved those amps, even though they were killers to the electrical system. I later put one 2350 in my new to me 94 Supra in 1997 and the alternator was dead within 3 months

WTF on bringing up this thread and not even relevant to the o.p topic lol.......