Sonic Electronix

So I get pretty bad head light dimming, and I was wondering if this battery will work.

It's a 12 volt battery from a golf cart, its in good shape and holds charge good and all. It's rated at 155 AH, which is very good I've heard. (stock is only like 55 AH)

It has the cells thingy, and takes water that needs to be refilled everyonce in a while...I wil be enclosing it in a box, so if it ever gets knocked over (ie i get rear ended or something) the water/bat acid won't leak every where.

And finally, will this be a good way to wire it?

I would run 1/0 all the way to the trunk but its not long enough so I want to do half 1/0, than dist block to 2 runs of 4 AWG, than another dist block to 1/0 to the + on the battery.

battconfig-1.jpg

And finally, will my stock alt be able to charge both batterys? It's only a 70A alternator, will it be good enough to charge the stock battery and the golf cart battery? I've already done the big 3 if that helps.

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first all, don't run your grounds from battery to amps, have them all grounded to a single location...

2, if you're gonna run 1/0 , then run it all the way

3. upgrade the alt, that alternator might do for a little while but in the long run, it will just not be enough, your amps will kill itself for not getting anough juice

4. you could use that battery, but not recommended even if you build a battery box for it, get xs power, kinectik or whatever i don't know how much power you're gonna put out, you never listed the amps you're running

Thought you didn't want to put a wetcell in a trunk due to the gas they give off? and why run 2 strands of 4 gauge with 2 random dist blocks? Why not make 1 straight run from bat to bat?

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

im running a spillible battery in my trunk with no problems..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

So that battery will be OK then?

And I would run 1/0 straight to the trunk, but it's not long enough so I just wanna use the 4 AWG to extend it.

And your saying to not ground the amps to the batterys negative terminal, even if 1/0 is ran from the negative terminal to a good ground?

And I'm only running about 1300 watts RMS.

Edited by boomin

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

So that battery will be OK then?

And I would run 1/0 straight to the trunk, but it's not long enough so I just wanna use the 4 AWG to extend it.

And your saying to not ground the amps to the batterys negative terminal, even if 1/0 is ran from the negative terminal to a good ground?

And I'm only running about 1300 watts RMS.

do NOT change the size of the wire. even if its for an extra 3" or so. you need one size wire, 1/0 gauge in this case, to go from the front to the back.