Rebuild time! 2 level 4 15's DC3.5k

fuck it, i decided im either gunna 3rd row wall it with 2 18's OR stuff 2 15's in the back, only thing thats a bitch is where to put the amps, and to work over the wheel wells

Hmm Well in my truck i can stuff 10 cubes below the window line and between the wheel wells. Thats with about 6-7 inches between port and hatch (plastic cover)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm Well in my truck i can stuff 10 cubes below the window line and between the wheel wells. Thats with about 6-7 inches between port and hatch (plastic cover)

the thing im trying to figure out is, how i would do this...idk how much space i have to work with, im keeping the back seats, i figured id do subs foward port foward (on top, right behind the back seats, then leave me room to put my amps on the back and the batts there too, im stuck between 2 18's or 4 15's if i can fit it

if anyone cares to help i have some dimentions, 33high, 28ish deep, 51wide, all this is just rough, like for the hight i have a dip in the roof in the back >.>, wide thats plastic to plasic, minus the wheel wells, deep is from the farthest back of the seat to the back of my box now witch is about 5inchs away from the hatch

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

the thing im trying to figure out is, how i would do this...idk how much space i have to work with, im keeping the back seats, i figured id do subs foward port foward (on top, right behind the back seats, then leave me room to put my amps on the back and the batts there too, im stuck between 2 18's or 4 15's if i can fit it

if anyone cares to help i have some dimentions, 33high, 28ish deep, 51wide, all this is just rough, like for the hight i have a dip in the roof in the back >.>, wide thats plastic to plasic, minus the wheel wells, deep is from the farthest back of the seat to the back of my box now witch is about 5inchs away from the hatch

Let me do some math real quick. hold on

EDIT:

With those dimensions you gave me i am getting about 23 cubes. Thats if you are using 3/4 MDF

Let me do some math real quick. hold on

EDIT:

With those dimensions you gave me i am getting about 23 cubes. Thats if you are using 3/4 MDF

4 15's it is > : )

just working on getting a quote from dc as of now, just gunna run one alt so its still a toss up between 2 18's or 4 15's :/

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

4 15's it is > : )

just working on getting a quote from dc as of now, just gunna run one alt so its still a toss up between 2 18's or 4 15's :/

Well in all seriousness you will need a decent alt with a couple batterys. Its not about the subs but more about what kinda powa you will throw at em.

Well in all seriousness you will need a decent alt with a couple batterys. Its not about the subs but more about what kinda powa you will throw at em.

i dont have the money to dual alt atm, but i plan on picking up a 270amp alt from dc, just got figure out how to work around the 13.6 charging :/

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

i dont have the money to dual alt atm, but i plan on picking up a 270amp alt from dc, just got figure out how to work around the 13.6 charging :/

If i am thinking right the 13.6 charging if from the built in voltage reg My boy got a 270 bolted it right up and idled at 14.6

But that is something that you will have to talk to DC about.

If i am thinking right the 13.6 charging if from the built in voltage reg My boy got a 270 bolted it right up and idled at 14.6

But that is something that you will have to talk to DC about.

mechman said something along the lines of a vcm, but i really dont wanna fry my damn car, last thing i need

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

mechman said something along the lines of a vcm, but i really dont wanna fry my damn car, last thing i need

Well i mean you wont fry your car if you get that. It will just bump your voltage up a little.

Archived