Rebuild time! 2 level 4 15's DC3.5k

hahaha that´s one funny avatar!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

id like to see some #s outta this =].

might want to tune lower than 38hz if u listen to a bunch of decaf... :pardon: .

yeah i plan to rebuild my box sooner or later, i blame mr p for my high tuning

i wish i could get some numbers but nooone around here has a damn tl! i think ed is the closest, but i did play a 35hz-50hz sweep and that impressed me

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

When you getting some numbers??? Really curious what this thing is doing?? if you try another box, i've always had good luck in my blazer with sub back port to drivers side. just food for thought. Nice build man, I really like single sub setups.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

When you getting some numbers??? Really curious what this thing is doing?? if you try another box, i've always had good luck in my blazer with sub back port to drivers side. just food for thought. Nice build man, I really like single sub setups.

yeah thats the other thing, besides lower my tuning, anyway to lower my tuneing without making my port any longer? ie: sticking a piece of wood in the middle or something?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

big 3 is in, fixed my voltage problem with that, so now i sit at 13.6/13.7, but the werid thing is is that i did my big 3 wrong? i have it from alt to pos on the batt, neg on the batt to ground, then engine block to neg on the batt? is that gunna cause problems like draining my batt? or is it fine?

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Hey man the way u described it, it sounds like you did the big 3 right...

- to ground

+ to alt

engine block to -?

lol the engine block has to go to ground im pretty sure, oh well it fixed my voltage

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

anyways, lil update, selling my system in the morning , well installing it for a friend and hes giving me cash tom. night or friday morning, which means ill be able to get a batt or 2 after i get how much ever bday money im getting, which im going to take a wild guess at 200 since thats what i got last year, but then again my grandpa likes to change things up, anyways i plan on running a yellow top under the hood, then 2 runs of 1/0 ( 1 neg, 1 pos) from front to back batt,thats if i have the 120$ left over i need for my 1/0 wire, and im not sure on the back batt yet

also could i get away with just fuseing once on the main power wire, then once on the second batt? or is it ness. to fuse both? i only got 2 fuses/fuse holders atm, i plan to double fuse in the future but for now i might go with that

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived