The Resonant Frequency Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03 ford focus zx5

box tuned to 41 hz slot port

box was 2.0 cu ft sub back port back

this setup was with a rf t2 12 with a rf t1500.1bdcp wired at 2 ohms, did a 143.9 using a iasca bass cd 45hz tone.

hatch lid deadend and fill with expanding foam, front doors and front half of roof sound deadend. 10 farad rockford cap and an interstate deep cycle battery.

just had the car meter, with a shitty prefab box that has airleaks to hell and back did a 146. prefab box tuned to 38 hz. the only difference between this and the above was an added 12", different box, 250amp alt. no big 3 still waiting on wires and done at an idle.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to test my cars resonate freq. I have my 2 12's in a sealed enclosure right in the middle of the manufactures recommended volume. 1.25 cuft/side.

if i play some tones and test the db/c would i be pretty close? All i have is http://www.amazon.com/USB-Digital-Sound-Level-Meter/dp/B005JX2EZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335727421&sr=8-1. I know they aren't very accurate, but i think it would probably be fine for this situation right?

They are firing back into the hatch about 15" from the hatch, seems the loudest to me that way, a close second is subs up. I've tried them forward right behind the back seat, not loud, but not forward in the very back of the hatch.

If you think i should move them closer to the hatch or further away that will be easy enough, and it's a 87 honda accord. Stop laughing dammit!

• 2 weeks later...

Ne idea on a 4 door jeep wrangler ? Thanks

2012 Wrangler Unlimited 4dr. is 54hz..

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

• 1 month later...

I have a 1994 model Toyota Conquest hatchback with witch i have been playing for the last 4 years.

With no sound proofing 49Hz

With the roof sound proofed 48Hz

With the roof, floor and boot sound proofed 50Hz

With The roof, floor, boot and back doors sound proofed 52Hz

Hope this help some one with a simmilar car

Ihave been playing with 2 x 12" woofers and later moved over to 15" woofers, resonant friquincy stays the same wit both sets with the box in the boot firing up and a slotted port in the middle.

I did like IH8punkrock recommended, sub in a sealed box. I played tones from 20-80hz, highest spl was at 36hz. This is my resonant frequency, I guess. Somebody tell me if I did something wrong.

2010 Mustang GT

Trunk and doors deadened

Tested with 12" sub in sealed box, sub up in the trunk.

36hz peak.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

this post is good for people who needs the info and thanks.. 97 4dr blazers ive not got any clue what my frequency is and allso my box is around 32hz and hope that im louder then 135's with 900w rms on 2-12"s

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Archived