My stepdad has a Suzuki Katana 600, and my dad has a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200cc, but I have nothing. We're looking into getting me a good small bike to train myself on (unfortunately never rode dirtbikes or anything because my parents were strict at the time..). I just need something simple (but street legal) so I can learn how to ride one, how to change gears, etc. I rode my stepdads Katana around the apartment complex yard for a few minutes, so I know how to ride one, but just need to learn how to change gears, etc. What do you guys think?

POTATO!

My stepdad has a Suzuki Katana 600, and my dad has a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200cc, but I have nothing. We're looking into getting me a good small bike to train myself on (unfortunately never rode dirtbikes or anything because my parents were strict at the time..). I just need something simple (but street legal) so I can learn how to ride one, how to change gears, etc. I rode my stepdads Katana around the apartment complex yard for a few minutes, so I know how to ride one, but just need to learn how to change gears, etc. What do you guys think?

As long as you can hold the weight of the bike up at slow speeds get the BIGGEST bike you can afford. This is coming from someone with 8 bikes and 12 years experience riding. I also ride over 30k a year.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

get an Enduro, like a 250, its street legal and you should be able to handle it pretty well. Also those bikes make it easy to go get ur motorcycle license.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

As long as you can hold the weight of the bike up at slow speeds get the BIGGEST bike you can afford. This is coming from someone with 8 bikes and 12 years experience riding. I also ride over 30k a year.

X2^^^^^

first ride was on a friends 600, my first bike was a 2001 gsx1000r, my second was a 2005 gsx1000r, and now I ride a 2006 hayabusa gsx1300r. really think you will get bored with the smaller bike....

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

get an Enduro, like a 250, its street legal and you should be able to handle it pretty well. Also those bikes make it easy to go get ur motorcycle license.

x2 its street legal and its nice to play around on road and off. Its alot cheaper to fix too if you dump it bad. go with a four stroke though

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

I'd say get a 600, a little heavier but still decent to learn on. Eventually with a 250 you'll get tired of it and want more power so you'll have to sell it like a lot of people where I live. The 600 will hold you over for a bit.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

i would agree with getting a dual sport to learn to ride on, but you have a higher seat height then other bikes with one, and you will get bored with it quick. i would buy the bike you plan on owning for a while right off the start. you will get the hang of riding real fast, and then you will already have the bike you want, and won't be spending a crap ton more money getting two bikes.The main thing to learn is throttle control and clutch control. once you get that you'll be good to go, and will want a bigger bike.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

• 5 months later...

i would agree with getting a dual sport to learn to ride on, but you have a higher seat height then other bikes with one, and you will get bored with it quick. i would buy the bike you plan on owning for a while right off the start. you will get the hang of riding real fast, and then you will already have the bike you want, and won't be spending a crap ton more money getting two bikes.The main thing to learn is throttle control and clutch control. once you get that you'll be good to go, and will want a bigger bike.

A great starter bike that I have had experience with is the Yamaha FZ6, it basically has the R6 engine but with more low end torque that makes it more street friendly. It also sits a little more upright which can be a little more comfortable on long trips but it is bad azzzzzz when you open the throttle up and let the RPM's rise. It also carves thru the curves with the best of them, check it out and try to get a test drive and I bet you will be impressed.

"Drive it Like you Stole it!"

Just go with the 1800 Honda Goldwing, anything compared to that is just a little guy. :drink40:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

X2^^^^^

first ride was on a friends 600, my first bike was a 2001 gsx1000r, my second was a 2005 gsx1000r, and now I ride a 2006 hayabusa gsx1300r. really think you will get bored with the smaller bike....

X2.... everybody tells people oh get a 600for your first bike... but once you learn.how.to.ride.it its slow and lame... then you have to go.drop MORE money and get a 1000.... so just start out with a GXSR1000, CBR1000RR, R1..... don't.get a goldwing... that's a complete joke lmao! Don't EVER get an imitation harley.... its either a crotch rocket or a big.ol hog!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S