Any dispatchers or security on here?

I'm not good at working 9+ hours straight which is one of the reasons I'm not leaning towards the dispatcher position. plus the security guy called me today telling me to come in on wednesday to take the test and start training classes on thursday

Really man, you cant work more than 9+???? Time to grow up and ditch the low life security route. I mean seriously. With only working 4 days a week aa a fire dispatcher, you have plenty of time to go to college. I hope your going.....

When you graduate college and hand out your resume, what do want as your job reference. Hospital security (job duties include sitting in car listening to radio) or Dispatcher for the fire department (job duties include saving lifes).

Edited by sYstEm eRRoR

Really man, you cant work more than 9+???? Time to grow up and ditch the low life security route. I mean seriously. With only working 4 days a week aa a fire dispatcher, you have plenty of time to go to college. I hope your going.....

When you graduate college and hand out your resume, what do want as your job reference. Hospital security (job duties include sitting in car listening to radio) or Dispatcher for the fire department (job duties include saving lifes).

x2

Except college is full-time for some people. :]

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Don't do security. I've done a little myself for a few months and know people who have done it for years. The only way to make money in security is to be the head honcho on call 24/7 working 7 days a week and those guys usually work there for 10+ years to even get to that shitty position. And come on with not being able to work more then 9 hours. I work part time in the mornings 8a-2pm and then work 4-midnight as a cleaning manager downtown here in charge of 25 employees. My job is damn near comparable to security. I baby sit and go up and down 35 stories in a elevator most the night and sitting in my office half the night on my iPhone alone and it's boring as shit and I make $15 a hour to do it and as soon as I get my credit debt gone this year I'm quitting my part time and getting my ass in school. If you're going to work do something that matters if you have the chance. Take the dispatch job. And come the hell on... I think everyone on here would love to work 4 days in a row 12 hours each and have a 3 day weekend every single week. I would love that job. You're really giving up a opportunity IMO if you skip out on that job........best of luck whatever you do

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I've been a 911 Dispatcher for over 7 years now and I love every minute of it... I've always been into emergency services and this just fits great... And I'll definetely agree with z71kris, dispatch it a carrer where as security is more of a job...

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD HEMI - LOADED

Stereo:  STOCK

Emergency Equipment:  Morotola - Federal Signal - Feniex - Gamber Johnson

Performance:  MOPAR Performance - Diablo

911 Calltaker / Diaptcher, Volunteer Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Fire Fighter, Fire Policeman, Emergency Equipment Installer / Repairman

Well im going to throw my .02 in. I work Armed Security and have been for the past 5 years I also spent 2 years on the road working as an Auxillary Police Officer but i resigned from that.

I love my job i get paid well with full benefits and all the good shit but with that being said i dont work for a hospital but yea the Hospital gig is boring ive worked a few details but its easy fuckin money.

I am now the SGT. for the Pepsi Cola Corporation that i do Armed security work for and i love it.

Ultimately the choice is yours bro but i will say this if you get in with a good security company you can go pretty far.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

If you get in with the right company like i have done then security can be a career. I make 18.25 an hour where i work with full benefits but i also work for a multi-billion dollar security firm lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I forgot about this thread. I went with the security job. I'm not looking for a career right now, just a job to make ends meet as I attend college. The job starts at $11/hr for REALLY simple work. I'll be on call for the first 3-4 weeks but they still pay $3/hr for the hours you're on call that you do not work which I've never heard of before. The security job can definately turn into a career if I wanted it to though. The head of the company I'll be working for started out exactly where I am, but now makes 6 figures a year. If that's not making a career, I don't know what is.