DC Sound Lab

need amp help for lvl5s

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not an American Bass 1100.1? I know my lvl 5's luv the amp lol.

Its really affordable comparitively speaking. :)

Iam right there with Rob I know my Lv 5's love my 1100.1 as well..... ahahaha

OREGON STATE REP DCAUDIO & JUICEBOX BATTERIES

2x 15 DC Neos...

1 DC 9k

2 Sets of Hertz MLK 2 Mids with Scan Speak Tweeters

Zuki Audio Eleets

2x multicells

4 Runs of 1/0 back

2010 Subaru Outback

Why not an American Bass 1100.1? I know my lvl 5's luv the amp lol.

Its really affordable comparitively speaking. :)

i want to play music NOT compeate =) i was thinking of dropping the watts to about 2500 a sub =) i dont want to blow my subs

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i want to play music NOT compeate =) i was thinking of dropping the watts to about 2500 a sub =) i dont want to blow my subs

That amp is great daily. I run it at .35nominal and 3batts with no issues. No one says you have to use all the amp all the time but imo I like to have a lil more than needed. Makes the amp work less and become more efficient.

That amp is great daily. I run it at .35nominal and 3batts with no issues. No one says you have to use all the amp all the time but imo I like to have a lil more than needed. Makes the amp work less and become more efficient.

So far heres whats on the table

saz 3500 two of them or

Rockford 2500 two of them or

Stetsom 3k two them

or cadence 2250 two of them

i see your running a monster stereo Thor .....but how long did it take to get it to the point of you not blowing subs ? I want to install this stereo and not really have to worry about blowing anything up =) i hope and i dont really trust the local shops but i have found a guy that seems like he knows what hes talking about .keep in mind im a super noob to the stereo game and a 11k amp in the hands of a noob well lets just say nothing good could come of this ..........=)

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

At least your honest and caring enough to want to take care of your equipment. And not burn something up. Really any of the amp choices you listed would be good. I'd probably pick one of the RF, Sundown, or Stetsom.

Also Jacob from Sundown has two 3500's that are used, in excellent condition, and for sale for $750 each. And one with some scratches that is for sale for $700. Maybe check those out.

I'm not sure what you think about AQ but I think the 3500 is priced at $750. Just a thought.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

I had two 3500w DD amps on two level 5s and it sounded great. now i have four xls and need more power. so i have the dds available :woot:

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

2 Audioque 3500.1Ds...i run mine strapped at 1.4 ohm daily and they LOVE IT!!!

there inexpensive, VERY POWERFUL, VERY RELIABLE and love playing music all day

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!