Sonic Electronix

using 1 coil of a dual voice coil sub

with half the power, sure. huge waste of a sub in my opinion though.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i would recommend going against that idea. just trust me.

Why? In a DVC sub, the coils still all connect together. It's not like the coils are completely separate and you are only pushing power to one side of the sub. DVC just means you are pushing power towards both sides of the coil instead of only one side so it dissipates faster.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Why? In a DVC sub, the coils still all connect together. It's not like the coils are completely separate and you are only pushing power to one side of the sub. DVC just means you are pushing power towards both sides of the coil instead of only one side so it dissipates faster.

i mean you could, i just am not sure if i see the point. well i guess if the amp puts out the wattage that the 1 coil can handle @ 2 ohms, why not.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

lol late night explanation fail?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You mean wound around the same former eh? Cause they are separate coils of wire, but they both make the sub move in the same direction. It would be correct to say you are pushing power to both of the coils.

OP I have the 460 model, you wouldn't really want to run them on one coil, they aren't sensitive enough really. Do it properly and run both coils.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

But the coils are completely separate..

if they where not completely separate then it would just be a single voice coil not a dual. Lol

coil 1 is wraped around the former, then coil 2 is wraped around coil 1.

Chances are if you only use 1 coil of a dvc sub you will loose out on some BL so the woofer will not operate to full potential or xmax.

The woofer will not handle its rated power, and will result in the coil running hotter from the extra power.

The added amperage going thru the tinsel leads and even coil may result in premature failure.

but if you dont care about the gear you bought or used go head and run just 1 coil.

I remember bigpimpin91 running only 1 coil per sub because he was able to run his amp at a lower impedance and it was louder due to the lower impedance... a couple months later he was having to recone the subs due to them not liking it.

Archived