Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Not a "rumor" but I was telling a friend I needed a bigger amp because my sub was underpowered.

He replied, "No don't do that, the sub has gotten too use to the power it's been getting" :blink:

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

a shop told me giving a 150rms sub 100rms will damage it, it is better to over power than to underpower

oh and one more thing its sooo funni when people think 1000w 12" subs r big when they are rated 250-350rms eg. sony explode 1300w you give it 1000rms and the thing will burn!

JUST HEARD THIS 25 MINUTES AGO!

My friend just got 2 15's installed and a rockford t500 amp.

And from what my friend told me the guy also said that the t500 puts out 1000w! I looked at the birth sheet at it's rated 659.1@1ohm :ban2::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to own a T500-1bd that had an RMS of 1024 @ 1 ohm. I still have the birth sheet around here somewhere......

edit:

found it, here it is.

scan0001.jpg

Birth sheets = who cares?

Clamp it and then ill pay attention.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Crap, I forgot to add, a smart guy I was talking to told me he bridged his mono block to get more power... lolz

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THIS GUY IS DUMB !!!

Archived