VW GTI vs Audi A3 Better choice?

The Audi A3 hands down. It's more luxurious, has quattro (AWD), and might be a little bigger

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

The Audi A3 hands down. It's more luxurious, has quattro (AWD), and might be a little bigger

That's what I'm leaning towards. And the low end model doesn't have steering wheel buttons. I hate how all cars have those now for the stock stereo. LOL I'd probably be all anal and be bothered by how I have useless buttons on my steering wheel. No xenon headlights but I'll probably just stick in some 8000k's eventually anyway.

taking money out of the equation completely, obviously the A3. but if you have to take in the initial price, insurance, and maintenance costs, then the GTI all the way!

taking money out of the equation completely, obviously the A3. but if you have to take in the initial price, insurance, and maintenance costs, then the GTI all the way!

Initial price and insurance aren't that different actually. For what I want the initial cost is only 3-5000 more over the GTI.I don't really see that as a big gap. Some people might.

Since the prices aren't that different insurance is nearly the same. I've gotten a bunch of online quotes.

The only one that worries me is maintenance but I'm covered for 4 years with the A3. So by then I'd have money saved if I need it.

I'd have to custom order an A3 there aren't very many of them. I'm not really sure how that works.

you're purchasing brand new? if that is true and they are only $3k apart after warranty then go for the A3 but know that the A3 will cost a little more in the long run to keep going

you're purchasing brand new? if that is true and they are only $3k apart after warranty then go for the A3 but know that the A3 will cost a little more in the long run to keep going

Yeah that's what I want to do. I don't insist on it though.

Archived