Bassing At A Stop Sign

This. And for everyone saying disable the ABS, are you fucking serious? If his ABS is going off every time he hits the brakes, he has more problems than just voltage issues. Someone measure your brake lights and tell me how much amperage you're using and tell me if its enough to drop your system 2 volts? I can tell you the answer... NOPE... I'm gonna say you have more of a problem than you know of if you're running 2K with a HO Alt, and 1/0 power and ground, big 3 done, you shouldn't have that dramatic of a loss in voltage. You certainly don't need 3 batteries with 2K... You should go through, check all your wiring, get rid of the caps, and add a battery...

The quote about when it says that the engine is under a bigger load at drive idle is correct. That makes alot of sense. It doesnt drop that much to where its a different problem. Im getting rid of the caps, and going with 3 batts, Its gonna be more that 2500 watts soon

Man, check everything else first. Don't get 3 d3100s when you only have 2k. Also, to tell you the truth, that alt is not making 170+ at idle. If it was, then you would be dropping no voltage with a 2k amp.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Man, check everything else first. Don't get 3 d3100s when you only have 2k. Also, to tell you the truth, that alt is not making 170+ at idle. If it was, then you would be dropping no voltage with a 2k amp.

Hey man its putting out 170 at idle. The problem is the caps, I messed with the car today and did the same exact thing, voltage went to 12.8 lowest. Now 170 at idle with no extra batts and a everstart up front is good for well over 200 amps draw, with led's and extra modules i prolly have a 300 amp draw total. I planned on getting a 2400 under the hood and 2 to 3 1200s in the trunk, im upgrading soon man so it will be more than 2k

LEDs draw like nothing. I'm willing to bet you don't pull over 200 amps, whole car.

So you took out the caps?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

LEDs draw like nothing. I'm willing to bet you don't pull over 200 amps, whole car.

So you took out the caps?

I did for a test, the direct hookup from batt to amp made volts go up more, i guess the caps drain so fast they cant charge fast enough to do enough good. The help stabilize the high notes but are retards and cant keep lows and mids up lol. I believe the batts will Help this perfectly. Naw it's way more than led's. I have a 2000 watt amp, a 440 watt amp, 300 watt amp, epicenter, ex10, tons of lights, underglow, and hopefully soon airbags lol

I have the solution, My ABS light never came on when volts dropped i thought maybe the braking system had something to do with it. The battery up front definitely needs upgrading, and the caps in the back are not charging quickly enough so they will be replaced with batts soon. After looking at the trunk space, budget, etc. I am putting the D2400 under the hood for all around better voltage and will be a better battery. Im gonna put 2 1200s in the trunk one for sub amp, and one for highs amp. Later on i will be upgrading the wattage, so this will leave me in a great spot for upgrading in the future. Im also buying MDF as we speak im fabricating a amp rack cover to hide wires, batt bank, and a floor to hide wires and make it look nice.

It drops more when you hit the brakes because your transmission uses your engines compression to slow the car down to a point. It causes the engine RPMs to drop lower than what you would see idling in gear or idling in park. Its not a lot but it would be enough to see a momentary drop in voltage compared to normal idling voltage if your system was creating a large load.

And I see 13.5v at idle with 145 amp alt and 1k amp at full tilt. You have something messed up in your wiring. Check the grounds.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

HAHA, Everyone here bumps in traffic, and i just like to ride without having to mess with the volume all the time.

No they dont. Everyone here only listens to there music at respectable levels. The only time anyone here turns there vol past 5 is when they drive 10 hours away from society just so they dont piss anyone off. They are all a bunch of stand up guys that would never do such shameful things.

ripjeff.pngTeamDeadlyHertz-revoemag0189.png

No they dont. Everyone here only listens to there music at respectable levels. The only time anyone here turns there vol past 5 is when they drive 10 hours away from society just so they dont piss anyone off. They are all a bunch of stand up guys that would never do such shameful things.

Dude chill out..... That thread is over and done with

Archived