Bassing At A Stop Sign

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres no way you need dual alternators to run 2k. Did you get a spec sheet with your alternator?

I had the Alt tested at a shop about 87 Miles away from me. The Alt Put out more amperage than rated

Well... I guess you could call me ignorant then..... See the thing is I use my System for what its supposed to be used for which is playing music, now the thing is when im driving im enjoying my music. Now when a stop light or stop sign comes up why should i turn it down its not like im in front of a church or someones house rudely bumping it. Im on the highway so............,if you like to turn yours down the go ahead, thats your problem /END

well you never know there could be someone next to you wtih a heart condition or a newborn baby in one of those cars around you. Be respectful and turn it down.

Your voltage drops because your electrical sucks. ditch the caps replace them with some good solid deep cells and your problems go away.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well... I guess you could call me ignorant then..... See the thing is I use my System for what its supposed to be used for which is playing music, now the thing is when im driving im enjoying my music. Now when a stop light or stop sign comes up why should i turn it down its not like im in front of a church or someones house rudely bumping it. Im on the highway so............,if you like to turn yours down the go ahead, thats your problem /END

Agreed, you're ignorant. At least you have admitted you have a problem, now you just need to fix it by pulling your head out of your ass and showing some respect for the others around you.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

well you never know there could be someone next to you wtih a heart condition or a newborn baby in one of those cars around you. Be respectful and turn it down.

Your voltage drops because your electrical sucks. ditch the caps replace them with some good solid deep cells and your problems go away.

Good soild deep cells? Like marine batterys?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Agreed, you're ignorant. At least you have admitted you have a problem, now you just need to fix it by pulling your head out of your ass and showing some respect for the others around you.

Wasn't it agreed a page back that this wouldn't turn into a debate like this? He won't change his actions and neither will you, can't people just agree to disagree.

It depends really what is happening, if you turn up beside someone and blast the crap out of them by playing your system at the full (insert large deebeez here) then I think everyone will agree that that is unacceptable. If your windows are up andyou can only just hear it outside then what's the issue? Some of you make it seem like you can't play music period at stop lights. Just play it at a level that doesn't disturb anyone outside the car.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yeah it draws quite a bit, i didnt want to have to run dual alts, maybe just double up on batteries.

yeah batteries will help as long as u keep them full.

Theres no way you need dual alternators to run 2k. Did you get a spec sheet with your alternator?

and he was talking about at a stop and at idle he way over his amp load if u take into account everything thats running so either a second alt OR batteries will help him with his problem since its when he stops.

this is just basic math i use when u decide on my alt power

14.4volts*270amps=3888watts (alt power full)

lets say 14.4*170amps=2448 (idle)

now account for maybe 70amps to run the car so that gives u 14.4v*100amp=1440 this is whats left for the boom at full tilt. someone feel free to correct me if my math is not correct.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Hey you can Go To Hell Number 1. 2 I Do Show Respect for people, but the thing is I'm using stoplights and stopsigns as an example on voltage drops. I Don't go and find a stopsign so I can full tilt it, I used it as an example for stiffer electrical needs and ask people a question about 3 batts and the problem, for a calm discussion. I Dont need Douchebags like you stating that i have my head in my ass. That simply just clarifies that you know how to read a freakin post. BTW Stopsigns im pretty sure can be anywhere and possibly no one is around so.....

Hey man i understand that, I'm respectful at stop lights and such, but stopsigns generally on my way back from college im the only one there. I used stoplights as an example for voltage issues. Yeah i know about the caps i have 3 to 4 batts on the way

Wasn't it agreed a page back that this wouldn't turn into a debate like this? He won't change his actions and neither will you, can't people just agree to disagree.

It depends really what is happening, if you turn up beside someone and blast the crap out of them by playing your system at the full (insert large deebeez here) then I think everyone will agree that that is unacceptable. If your windows are up andyou can only just hear it outside then what's the issue? Some of you make it seem like you can't play music period at stop lights. Just play it at a level that doesn't disturb anyone outside the car.

Yeah stoplights it was used just as an example, stopsigns im pretty much the only one around, im just trying to discuss the abs brakes voltage draw, and if batts will help this out. Never wanted a debate, just a couple of knowledgeable people for advice

Archived