97 Accord likes it dirty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any pics of the DC power alt? I think the old box would have done fairly well turned towards the cabin and sealed off, there was no room for the air to escape to the cabin. But I know nothing about 15's I rock 2-10's in my 1997 accord :)

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2

thought you didnt like low tuning...? why you hate the old box? you miss the lows? lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATEEEE:

Dam itotlly chaned designes since last time.. Going to run 2 saz3000's strapped,box is forward sealed off... Heres picures your whores :D

First heres what i did with the front. Ive always wanted fog lights, and looked online, but then this dawned on me.. And hey it works. Switched my wires with the corner light (there were 2 bulbs in the corner lights, an amber light, and a white light. I kept the amber ad made the white the turn signal) and the corner light. Works great and I love the outcome.

car1.jpg

Mids and highs amp

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Mounted the volt meter finally, re paited and it turned out great. Snapped the plastic surround today FML :(

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

view from the front

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

LOOK at all the room for batts :D

IMG_0850.jpg

1/3 total batts in trunk. 2 mre sprinter 370's going in.

IMG_0849.jpg

beast? I think so.

IMG_0848.jpg

Ther'll be a cover over the batteries once theyre in, and 1 amp will mount there, the other on the box. The reason for the tape and paper over the box is because it has a nice pant job on the box and I don't want to ruin it again when I go to seal. The tapes on the edges so if I ever need to get that box out, the foam will be on the tape, not the carpet. The front mess on the box will come off, revealing the sub and the awesome paint logo I did.. It'll be a suprise :D That's all for now.

& before anyone asks "whats with the deal of eec tape around the speaker wire" I had labels there and some prevous elec tape residue that looked nasty and I wanted it coverd. There's a layer of masking tape below that so the elec tape wont get too hot and melt on the wire again. None of the wire is cut or spliced under there. Full runs, just taped over for a cleaner look than those wire everywhere.

And also, i have another shipment frm knu coming in soon. Im running a 0 gauge neg from front to back so i can ground to my batt instead of the chassis.it should help my voltage a little too... Also got more fuses, 8 gauge speaker wire, and like 15 ft of red knu 0/1 for my batt runs and amps. It should be together soon!!

edit:

shit i keep forgetting things that i know people will ask :x

But also the carpet on the rear deck is coming off and im covering any other holes there too.. There's a layer of damplifier on it, so its pretty much sealed, but theres a few dime size gaps left that need to be covered.

Also, the hifi doesn't hit the sub. Theres about 3 inches of clearence from the sub to the back seat and amp when folded. Sub moves perfectally fine and doesnt hit anything.. :D There, think thats everything

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

2 3000s on the 1 lvl 15? jeez. Im getting another 3500 for my 2 nightshades lol. Good luck to ya. I always liked honda builds. Ive broken my right tail light ... my left tail light. My trunk light. Some foam and metal bar fell from under my rear bumper :-/ But yea. Good luck to you and ill be watching.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

yupp clamped at .5 each. Gonna be careful with gains though. Gonna oscope everything before I do demos etc just to be safe.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Im grounded to the battery in the front. I was grounded behind the seat, the removable like 6 inch coushin. There's a bolt at the top I ground down and used that...

pics on updates. Got it sealed off, going to get 3 more 300a fuses since I only have couple 250's. Also another pair of rockford rcas and some short 1 ch rcas. Also used the tweeters finally. I did a quick install of them in my sail panels. Gets louder now :P Built the rack to hold the amps, so one could hang over the ledge and not fall. Carpeted that bish and got her looking good.

IMG_0879-1.jpg

IMG_0881-1.jpg

Had the blue 8 gauge, so i thought why not beef up my rem wire a little. :P

IMG_0885.jpg

how she'll sit. Mis matched carpet color ftw? Flash really makes it noticible. Not too bad in person. Black was sold in big ass roll, and thte grey was a small roll. Didn't want to pay 20 bucks for a few things to carpet.

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

carpeted the floor for the batteries too.

IMG_0890.jpg

MORE TO COME :D

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

And no the amp rack wont just sit on the box lol. I'll find a way to bolt it to the box.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

2 3000s on the 1 lvl 15? jeez. Im getting another 3500 for my 2 nightshades lol. Good luck to ya. I always liked honda builds. Ive broken my right tail light ... my left tail light. My trunk light. Some foam and metal bar fell from under my rear bumper :-/ But yea. Good luck to you and ill be watching.

When did all this happen?! Thats funny as hell!

OP shit looks AMAZING just keep a nose out for the coils :lol:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived