Second Skin Audio

SMD 18 vs DC LVL 5 18.....winner has been chosen on pg 9

CJ18

Looking for some help here on deciding between these two monster subwoofers. I have about 16cu ft to work with in an 2006 f150. What ever woofer I go with will be run on a Kicker Warhorse 10k amp. Electrical, Batts and Alternators are already done. I am looking for help and opinions from guys running both of these subs. All feedback on these subs will be greatly appreciated!!!

if you wanna be an smd nuthugger get the smd, if you wanna hug some dc nuts go lvl 5, haha

I would do dc though only because Ive heard a few dc setups and they were great, havent got to experience an smd yet

Can't forget the fact that you can control the wattage on a warhorse, and not with the gain, but with another knob. cannot recall it's name, most likely something simple, haha.

So he shouldn't fry either if he does it right.

Can't forget the fact that you can control the wattage on a warhorse, and not with the gain, but with another knob. cannot recall it's name, most likely something simple, haha.

So he shouldn't fry either if he does it right.

Were you going for Adjustable Limiter? Sounds extra nifty for the CA illiterate.

And because i'm biased, go with the Level 5 18's. :good:

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Fail on my behalf. :ban2: :ban2:

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

not real sure id run 10kw to either sub :ehh: .

Oops sorry about that yeah I am planning on running 2 of which ever sub i choose.

Also can you guys give me your reasons for why you like each sub. Personally I have always run kicker and am looking to switch over to something that will handle the 10k better than the Solo Xs do on a daily basis.

The warhorse has a limiter which can be used to adjust the amp to put out anywhere from 1000 to 10000 watts.

Archived