kinetik WTFF!!!!!!!

Would XS power cover a battery that was over charged and swelled? On the warranty of my xs battery I have it says do not exceed 14.4 volts for extended periods of time (5 min max) "Damage of this nature will void the warranty" and if your optima was like Mechman said it could have ruined most any charged battery in line. That is where good maintenance would be valuable.

I understand that ..... but I'm on a factory alt..... no way I could over charge that battery

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

DAMN.....! Id prolly turn and run from that batt.. thats looks crazy. Ive had to removed 7-10 yr batts with acid everywhere and just nasty but that is like a mini nuke sitting in your trunk, even if the swelling went down.. F THAT, id be like kinetik gimme my money back

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

DAMN.....! Id prolly turn and run from that batt.. thats looks crazy. Ive had to removed 7-10 yr batts with acid everywhere and just nasty but that is like a mini nuke sitting in your trunk, even if the swelling went down.. F THAT, id be like kinetik gimme my money back

The battery in the picture was about 7 to 10 years old LOL. Also I am sure there are cases of even smaller stock alts having a battery swell, I seen where a battery whistled and stunk like sulfur and that battery was not blue nor red nor white but yellow and there were no other batteries in line with it and the car didn't even have a stereo system in it over 900 watts (it was all Dual).

I understand that ..... but I'm on a factory alt..... no way I could over charge that battery

Not true. A stock alternator can EASILY overcharge, or even explode a battery in the scenario that the original poster described.

Ok so what do I news to-do to ensure this Isnt a recurring issue...

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Archived