Monster Cable 400 Series Heavy Duty Firewall Grommet / Bulkhead

Product: Monster 400 Series Heavy Duty Firewall Grommet

Manufactured by: Monter Cable

Purchased/recieved from: Amazon.com

I'm in the works of a 3k Watt build. This a first for me. I've been scouring the net for the best

deals on the parts required for such a build. Some of those deals have been once in a life time deals,

but every once and a while there is one that I can share. This is one of those. It's hard to imagine

Monster Cable products and good deal in the same sentence, but it's true. Normally one is left to his

own devices when passing 1/0 gauge cable through sheet metal. I picked these up from Amazon.com

My link

I really couldn't find any dimensional info on them, so I took a gamble in hopes they'd work with my

1/0 radaflex welding cable. Luckily they sinched down on my cable no problem. :) They advertise

corrosion resistant, which means plastic. I'd avoid putting them any closer than 8 inches to any

exhaust components. Here are some pics.

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02183.jpg

Fully compressed the inside diameter measured .570" at the smallest diameter and .620 at the largest

diameter.

DSC02146.jpg

Overall length was about 1.650" give or take. :P

DSC02143.jpg

For the through hole I recommend a 1" hole saw. A little filing might be required.

DSC02144.jpg

The hex on the main body is just over 1.250"

DSC02145.jpg

Max diameter through the main body is .750"

DSC02148.jpg

The compression nut measured just over 1.250" like the main body.

DSC02149.jpg

The through hole on the compression nut measured .725" a bit smaller than the through hole on the main

body. Looks like there is enough material on it that you could file some off if you needed it to be a

bit bigger.

Here is some info not pictured.

Jam Nut Dims: Thickness .270" Hex Size across the flats 1.387"

Max panel thickness this item can be used on is .250"

Thanks for looking.

• 4 months later...

I have two dozen of these I pulled from some tanning beds I scrapped this summer. They fit Knu 1/0 perfectly, great little grommets which I'm sure you can find at the hardware store for less than Monster's high prices. It can be rough taking a hole saw to the firewall though.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

:ehh: Dang I just click purchase on other tab then came over to this hit refresh and saw your post turns out around $13 total. Good for me to pay that than short out 1/0 on firewall with my big ass feet on the cable by accident.

And I use this to get the hole through firewall

firewall.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

oh well guess I'll find out if what I purchased from the OP's link is the same as his first pic that shows two grommets as to those streetwires 1/0 that show only one grommet per package.

Just looked it up parts express for two grommets $13.78 plus $9.98 for shipping.

Thats why I'm crossing fingers the OP's link is like his first picture of two per package if thats the case then I didn't get poked to hard from OP's link with shipping at $12.53 for two.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

oh well guess I'll find out if what I purchased from the OP's link is the same as his first pic that shows two grommets as to those streetwires 1/0 that show only one grommet per package.

Just looked it up parts express for two grommets $13.78 plus $9.98 for shipping.

Thats why I'm crossing fingers the OP's link is like his first picture of two per package if thats the case then I didn't get poked to hard from OP's link with shipping at $12.53 for two.

OP's link, ha! You're the one with 63 post. :P Just messing with ya. The amazon link will get you the pack of two. That's where I got mine. BTW I'm in San Antonio as well.

OP's link, ha! You're the one with 63 post. :P Just messing with ya. The amazon link will get you the pack of two. That's where I got mine. BTW I'm in San Antonio as well.

The hell does post count have to do with anything? lol and if your fro SA you know we can find some good deals lol PEACE see you around!!!!

As an update to this thread I just received the grommets and they are pretty beefy compared to the rinky dink one that come in rockfords 1/0 amp kit. I need to get my butt outside and get started on wiring my second battery. Thanks goes to the OP for such a good find. There might be better grommets out their but I can say these will definitely get the job done. :clapping:

DSC05630.jpg

DSC05632.jpg

DSC05633.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Archived