Sundown Audio

------Memphis 4kw------

Chris661

Hrm IRF1405 is from the power supply section. Badass FETs. Are the rest 1405s or are they 3205s?

If it's been repaired before it's possible they used 1405's instead since they're rated higher.

Allied have them:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/searchresults.aspx?N=0&Ntk=Primary&Ntt=IRF1405

Well, you can order them from there. They don't have any because of a global mosfet shortage.

the IRFP1405 are all on the power side(16 of them) the three that (repaired) are IRFP044N???(powerside)

the output side of the amp has IRFP360

daymm :angry: that really sucks

Are you sure they're IRFP044N? That's a TO-247 part and IRFP1405 is a TO-220 (they don't fit in the same places)

If they're IRFZ44N then hunt down whoever repaired it and beat them with a stick.

yes sir, i am sure. they were 3 replace on the fet with the IRFP1405's

i have one question after removing all 16 mosfets. is there suppost to be resistance on the board?

yes sir, i am sure. they were 3 replace on the fet with the IRFP1405's

i have one question after removing all 16 mosfets. is there suppost to be resistance on the board?

Depends on the amp design, I'm not hugely familiar with these. They may have a pull-down resistor between the gate and ground which in this case may well be the source leg. The resistance of that will be what you're seeing.

If you're getting 0 ohms flat then either you've got a little blob of solder somewhere, a transformer short, or maybe your gate drive transistors are short circuit.

Either way, get it off to an amp repair tech, if you don't have a scope you can't really do much, too many waveforms to check. And if you mess the board up they might not work on it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Depends on the amp design, I'm not hugely familiar with these. They may have a pull-down resistor between the gate and ground which in this case may well be the source leg. The resistance of that will be what you're seeing.

If you're getting 0 ohms flat then either you've got a little blob of solder somewhere, a transformer short, or maybe your gate drive transistors are short circuit.

Either way, get it off to an amp repair tech, if you don't have a scope you can't really do much, too many waveforms to check. And if you mess the board up they might not work on it.

oh i see.

i have an o scope,

well i have contacted db. and still nothing yet. maybe he is really busy.

thanks for so much help!

-CHRIS

Archived