Mechman Alternators

2001 Tahoe 5.3 quotes

Looking at all options for a H.O. alt for my tahoe.What kind of prices,alt size,i prefer a direct bolt on.Everything i have in my tahoe is in my signature,if you need any more addtional info feel free to PM me

thanks J.P.

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

We have a 270 amp unit that does 165 amps at idle for $399 shipped.

We also offer a comp series 320 amp unit that does 100 amps at idle for $449 shipped.

We also offer a dual alternator bracket for $369 if you want to run twin HO alternators.

102_4113.jpg

102_4114.jpg

102_4115.jpg

thanks for the reply

got anything in the $300 shipped price range that will go with my system

154k03o.png

01 Tahoe

Big 3

20 ft.1/0 streetwire under hood

4 Batteries

Stock Battery and

1800 Kinetic Batt under hood

2 Sprinter S12V500F Battery,165 AH

Kicker 1/0 going from front to back

Sirius sportster

Alpine 9886

Kicker 650.4zx mids and highs

Q-Logic kick panels w/Kicker6 1/2 comps.

XXX re comp 6.5 in front doors

Alpine6.5 coax in rear doors

2 Audioque 2200d strapped

2 Audioque 18 HDC3

5% all the way around

2 layers raamat on roof

doors covered in raamat

For that vehicle, yes. That is why the 270 is a better choice unless the vehicle will be revved when it is played. An honest 100 amps at idle from an honest 320 amp alternator is pretty darn good. Unfortunately, our honest output curves may sound low in comparison to other alternator companies grossly inflate their idle output claims.

Edited by MECHMAN

For that vehicle, yes. That is why the 270 is a better choice unless the vehicle will be revved when it is played. An honest 100 amps at idle from an honest 320 amp alternator is pretty darn good. Unfortunately, our honest output curves may sound low in comparison to other alternator companies grossly inflate their idle output claims.

If I ran at 16 volts with 14 volt batts my truck could run off that right with vcm charging at like 16.5 volts my truck is 2005 gmc sierra

The 2005 and newer trucks use the 2 pin PCM controlled regulator, so you can't run higher voltages, UNLESS you run a second alternator to a separate bank of 14 volt batteries. The 2 pin 05 and newer regulators let the computer jack around with the voltage, so running a second alternator that is independent of the computer is a HUGE advantage on those trucks. If it were me, I would leave the OEM alt and battery in place to run the truck, and them run our dual bracket and an additional 270 amp unit at 16.5 volts to a couple 14 volt batteries. That would give rock solid voltage to your sub amps, and would also prevent any kind of dimming whatsoever.

The difference between 270 at 13.5 volts and 270 at 16.5 volts isn't much in overall wattage output. The main difference is that 14 volt batteries can get run pretty far down, and still keep you in the safe voltage range, even if you have an undersized alternator. Also, a lot of amps are a lot more efficient at the higher voltages.

270 amps x 13.5 volts = 3645 watts

270 amp x 16.5 volts = 4455 watts