Sonic Electronix

i am going to be putting a 10 inch subwoofer in my friends car and i want to make the subwoofer fin inside the cavity of the spare tire. i dont really know how to build a round enclosure and i was wondering if there are any tips on how to do it.

3 ways to do it...

1. Glass it

2. Make like 20 MDF rings and stack them, wastes a load of MDF

3. Make 2 MDF circles for the top and bottom, join them with mdf 'ribs' kinda like Stonehenge or something, get some thin bendy MDF/ply/whatever, bend it around the circle to close it in then apply epic resin + glass + expanding foam to the inside. IMO this is the easiest and strongest way to do it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Like boon says, best results would be to glass the bottom of the spare tire well then make the baffle out of mdf. This will be the most efficient use of the space you have

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I would probaby make a square enclosure a little smaller than the spare tire well so it can slide in and then cut the top part where the sub would mount a big cirle a little larger than the tire well and then... Idk the pieces are there, someone could make a good idea out of it. :pardon:

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I would probaby make a square enclosure a little smaller than the spare tire well so it can slide in and then cut the top part where the sub would mount a big cirle a little larger than the tire well and then... Idk the pieces are there, someone could make a good idea out of it. :pardon:

That would waste probably 1/3 of the space in the well. But if they don't need the full volume then it would work.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You could use a giant beach ball glued to a 4" piece of pvc hung from something and slowly wrap it in paper mache till its hard enough to hold its shape to apply some mat and resin and then build up some layers till its thick enough.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You could use a giant beach ball glued to a 4" piece of pvc hung from something and slowly wrap it in paper mache till its hard enough to hold its shape to apply some mat and resin and then build up some layers till its thick enough.

I think he was meaning a cylindrical enclosure instead of a sphere. Great idea though, it makes me want to try it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Then buy a sono tube slap a couple of pieces of 3/4 MDF on, and at one end with the sub cutout and your set.

EDIT: just a note of caution though as you'll probably need to use poly fill inside the chamber as round and closed cylindrical tubes can make some unwanted noise due to the sound waves bouncing around inside.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

brother in law just did this with his 10

we build it with mdf but used alot of edges not so much round..coundlt be stuffed we just made it like.. umm whats that 8 sided shape?

anyways yeh it sounded nice it is wat it is

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

brother in law just did this with his 10

we build it with mdf but used alot of edges not so much round..coundlt be stuffed we just made it like.. umm whats that 8 sided shape?

anyways yeh it sounded nice it is wat it is

octagon?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz