Sonic Electronix

ok i am getting alternator noise from my tweeters and its driving me crazy !!! i have power wire and RCA separated as best as i can. Running all 4gauge wire from battery to amps and grounds. HU is a pioneer and i did that external RCA ground thing because i guess pioneer is common for bad RCA grounds. running 10gauge ground from HU to bare metal. all grounds are reading .3 OHM i have ground loop isolators on RCA's all grounds are in different locations ( i have been reading and 50% say ground all in one spot 50% say ground all in different spot.) i am thinking maybe the power wires and RCA's are still to close to each other and i was thinking if i wrapped both up separately in electrical tape would it help filter ??? any ideas would be AMAZING !!!!!! ALSO speaker wire is ran away from power wires as best as possible.

EDIT: and all grounds have been shaved to BARE metal and are secured very god with ring terminals.

Edited by michigancapri92

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what amp is running your tweeters? ill bet you its just the amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what amp is running your tweeters? ill bet you its just the amp.

Amp is Rockford Fosgate P-400.4 i hope its not the amp i paid alot for her. and the tweeters are the tweeters on my Orion 6.5 components

and its ONLY coming from the tweeters? you put your ear to the mids and didnt hear anything?

is it a component set with the passive crossover?

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

and its ONLY coming from the tweeters? you put your ear to the mids and didnt hear anything?

is it a component set with the passive crossover?

^^ this

if its only your tweeters you may have an amp problem. If its coming from everywhere try grounding your RCA's to the headunit. Noise is a common Pioneer problem which is why I am switching soon lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

^^ this

if its only your tweeters you may have an amp problem. If its coming from everywhere try grounding your RCA's to the headunit. Noise is a common Pioneer problem which is why I am switching soon lol

well i put ears to the speakers and i have FAINT noise coming from the 6x9s and mids. when i unplug one side of the rca cables the noise gets MUCH louder and then when i unplug both it goes away ... the HU RCA's are already externally grounded i did that already to cancel that problem. like this .

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/606527.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/606514.html&usg=__PcwOq42iie2W2j43cC1IbTw1RXs=&h=400&w=400&sz=43&hl=en&start=0&sig2=NVJKYEbuH16bllx_7FltJg&zoom=1&tbnid=SIiQfElLSV3Z4M:&tbnh=136&tbnw=140&ei=BpiKTMqdKaKanAfP0piXCQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpioneer%2Brca%2Bground%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1144%26bih%3D665%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=126&vpy=63&dur=128&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=146&ty=147&oei=BpiKTMqdKaKanAfP0piXCQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

i notice that when i move the RCA away from my power wire by the amp and it got more faint. is there away to filter the RCA and power wires to reduce the noise coming from the power wires ?

put the ground loop isolator into the amp instead of the HU.