Sonic Electronix

0 gauge power wire vs. 0 gauge welding cable

hey guys, i just had a quick question, or if anyone out there might even be using it. ive heard that u can use 0 gauge welding cable as a power wire and ground. i also heard it has as many copper strands inside the wire, if not more. i also know its way cheaper then 0 gauge power wire. im looking to do the big 3 upgrade, and also run 0 gauge wire front to back for my next system so im going to need quite a bit of wire therfore im wondering if i could spend less on the wire by getting welding wire.

any opinions!!??

Thanks,

Cory

Many have said that it doesnt have as much of isolation that the power wire do.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

welding cable from what ive seen is

cheaper

bigger

better insulated with out having the wire being small as shit

its the same shit, FROM WHAT IVE SEEN, could be wrong but oh well

all wire like kicker knu etc... is all extremely marketed, thus the prices being high as all hell, the only upside to SOME actual CAR AUDIO wire is the flexibility, but some welding cable is also flexable

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Wire is Wire but make sure its 100% copper.........if it is CCA the 100% copper is way better.

exactly. some wire has thicker strands and will be less flexible. the really the only difference...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

and also, i hit 137.5 db yesterday with my 1 12 inch sub ( in a shitty ass premade box, being held together with about 100 nails because the subwofoer blew the box apart, the carpet was the only thing holding it together). if i do the big 3, it increases voltage correct? would that affect my scores? maybe bringing them up.. please correct me if im wrong?

thanks,

Cory

and also, i hit 137.5 db yesterday with my 1 12 inch sub ( in a shitty ass premade box, being held together with about 100 nails because the subwofoer blew the box apart, the carpet was the only thing holding it together). if i do the big 3, it increases voltage correct? would that affect my scores? maybe bringing them up.. please correct me if im wrong?

thanks,

Cory

The Big 3 will likely increase your voltage a small amount. The increase in SPL will be negligible.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Big 3 may increase voltage some. Not a lot though. Like .2-.5 volts. However its designed to increase flow of current

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Archived