Sonic Electronix

a bass knob will not BOOST your gain it ATTENUATES it. The knob at it's full potential basicly opens up your amp to where it's gain is set.

How do you use it properly? Turn the knob all the way up before setting your gains!

This isn't rocket science people. They don't cause clipping, clipping is caused by user error (and on rare occasion, music producer error like a couple of the guys wishing they were decaf on this site...)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a bass knob will not BOOST your gain it ATTENUATES it. The knob at it's full potential basicly opens up your amp to where it's gain is set.

How do you use it properly? Turn the knob all the way up before setting your gains!

This isn't rocket science people. They don't cause clipping, clipping is caused by user error (and on rare occasion, music producer error like a couple of the guys wishing they were decaf on this site...)

I'm suprised it got this far before someone said this. Only thing is that 'bass knob' can also include the ones that boost at around 45hz, not just the gain cut ones. In the case of the bass boost knobs you just set the gains at the boost center frequency with the knob at max, so as long as you know how to set gains properly and know what type of knob you have (lol, that's what she said) it doesn't matter.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Agree 100% percent unless you have like a rockford amp with a punch eq knob that's just a bass boost that could get you into trouble. Speaking of bass knobs does anyone know if audioque amps come with knobs because I didn't see the knobs for sale separately on their page.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

i love the bass knob........ every time i demo, i turn the deck up to my listening volume and then, i let it play a little them get nice and comfortable nod their heads........ and then TWIST SURPRISE EAR SEX BIIOOTCH!!

they usually dont see the knob cuz its in my hand in my lap haha

edit:i guess its the same in a way but a lot of people dont like knobs idk y

:lol:

it also depends on the head-unit.. a lot of head-unit's do NOT have "sub" levels or adjustments. (in this case the highs would produce bass too.)

^^this and even tho mine has a sub level control its pretty hard to get to when driving down the road.

Now there is really not a problem with the "bass knob" if used correctly. When setting your gains make sure the knob is up.

I have used mine for about 5 months and not 1 problem.

^^this and even tho mine has a sub level control its pretty hard to get to when driving down the road.

Now there is really not a problem with the "bass knob" if used correctly. When setting your gains make sure the knob is up.

I have used mine for about 5 months and not 1 problem.

lol your little video clip/pic, is funny haha