volt question!!!!!!!!

okay. in my truck the battery meter sometimes is low. but if you look up in the hood my volt meter reads 14.5 whats up with that. when the bass hits the volt meter i have drops to like 12-11.5 and the battery meter in my truck drops also. then if i let my truck sit and when i get back in the battery meter is back up around 14 and the volt meter under my hood still reads 14.5 this is all at idle. can someone help me. :'(

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you using teh same volt meter.. if you are what are you checking  the voltage on.. amp power where or what?

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

checking the voltage im putting out. cause the battery meter in my truck is between 9and 14. but the volt meter thats under my hood it reads 14.5 at idle

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it has to do with the resetance of the wires... I'd trust what teh one on the battery says

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

the battery meter thats in the car its between 9and14 thats what im lost on. isnt it suppose to stay on 14 :'(

Guest 90accordman

the battery meter thats in the car its between 9and14 thats what im lost on. isnt it suppose to stay on 14 :'(

What we tell you here isnt going to be any different then that they stated on ROE.  The way your stating it is confusing

ok ya i understand you a lil bit but i have some questions a. is the dash meter your using factory? and are you "testing" under the same loads? dont trip out when your meter reads lower then 14v when bumping but the batt one reads 14 at idle... most people wont see 14 when bumping ever. also consider what the inside meter is actually metering. to be really acurate your going to need to get your numbers from as close to the amp as possible. you could be seeing 14v early in the chain (battery) but see much less later on because of resistance ect ect

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Archived